Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YASMIN, Should I stop or continue

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• YASMIN, Should I stop or continue

I started taking BCP 3 years ago to stop my hormonal acne despite hating anything foreign in my body because the painful cystic hormonal acne was killing my self esteen

Anyways, Yasmin worked wonders for acne

negative side effect though : hair loss, dry skin, loss of sex drive

As im getting near an age to where I want to have kids one day and know I will need to come off I worry about the acne. I have attempted to come off a few times but I broke out and would go back on it.

This time, I've been off successfully for a month without breaking out and though it feels like it might be the placebo effect I feel like my hair is starting to grow in the balding area

Now my issue is....I have a year supply of YASMIN left, which cost too much Money for me to feel okay throwing away and Im not looking to have kids for the next two year until I graduate .

Should I

Option A: Go back on the pill and try coming off again in the future ? Pro: not ready to have a kid within the next 2 year, still having sexual relationship every one in a while (a weekend every 2 months, Im in a long distance relationship). Con: more hormone, hair loss

Option B: Stay off just to test how my body react to being off the pill for 3 months and then go back on it to use the rest of the pill and then try coming off completely again. Pro: back on the pill. Con: the next time I wean off it may not be as nice

Option C: Since I'm currently weaning off successfully , just stay off it . Pro:NO HORMONE Con: Im not good at using protection so I'll have to figure that out , and Ill be throwing away ($400) worth of pill

quick info .Im 23 and In college for another 1.5 year
    Last edited by fatdream; 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM.

• Have you discussed all this with your doc or nurse?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Increased warmth inside vagina just prior to intercourse

No matter the woman, I've had this happen in every situation. It seems when every woman is hot and bothered (truly wanting and needing sexual intercourse)...

Yesterday, 05:02 PM By James1986
    • In 6 weeks I'm having a hysterecetomy

Hello everyone. I have just joined this website & I'm looking for a very specific cross section of women. Specifically, I want to hear women's stories...

05-18-2019, 02:41 PM By Maria134
    • Boudoir Photography

Hi there, ladies!

I'm considering doing a boudoir session but I'm nervous. I overthink things a lot so I have a lot of questions.

05-15-2019, 09:15 AM By Pam Brace
    • hello all

hello members of womens-health.

05-17-2019, 07:26 AM By AngelaGoza
    • Just a question

Hey ladies!

Which would hit the g-spot more, a penis with above average girth( but not huge) or a penis with a curve penis?

05-05-2019, 11:57 PM By Wayne8888
    Working...
    X