Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What birth control can I use?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What birth control can I use?

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has these side effects, but I was on the pill a little while ago and I got extreme side effects from it. I felt nauseous and bloated 24/7, no matter what I did. Whether I took it in the mornings, nights, with or without food, it was the same result. Initially, I took it to regulate my bad periods, but they haven't been so bad anymore even with going off of it. Recently though, I became involved in a serious relationship. We use a condom with spermicide, but I want to be as safe as possible and use a form of female birth control. However, I just can't go back on the pill. I can't take it anymore, I gag and feel nauseous all day after taking it, I just can't function like a normal human being (I also tried different pills, but it was the same result).

I was wondering if there was something besides the pill I could use, besides the pill AND besides an IUD. IUD's I have heard many many times do not work effectively and put you at risk sometimes (my mother also won't let me get one, so it's out of the question, we're very close and though I may be off to college, she still holds that kind of authority). I'm planning on talking to my OBGYN, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. For example, I heard there was a shot, and that might be an option for me. But maybe someone has a similar problem to me.

Thanks!

• Try this site..
    [Link removed

it has a lot of useful information about different methods of contracepion

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by atskitty2; 03-18-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Weird lump on perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. It seems...

Today, 10:19 AM By flowerybox
    • Reply to AC7

It is hard to have self control when faced with a delicious meal! LOL.

Today, 06:21 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to PTSD

I was interesting in reading your post, MrMr. I can only imagine what you went through, so I won't condescend you by saying I do. But PTSD is common in...

Today, 06:20 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to Do You Consider Internet Work "Work"?

I could not live without my computer, MrMr, so you're right with what you're saying. Blogging/Facebook/everything else, does help mental health. Maybe...

Today, 06:14 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to Gender Identity, Expression, and Why It Matters – Discuss

I absolutely agree, Lakewolf Whitecrow.

I am sorry for what you went through. You should never have been targeted for being you are were...

Today, 06:06 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Weird lump on perineum

Hi all,

I wanted to ask about this weird thing that I have. I have a small lump just beneath the vulvar opening, on my perineum. It seems...

Today, 10:19 AM By flowerybox
    • PTSD

Interested to hear from partners of ex servicemen and how they deal with their partners PTSD?

I've always thought that I've "gotten...

06-01-2019, 10:25 PM By MrMr
    • Do You Consider Internet Work "Work"?

I do.

I am always on Facebook and the suchlike. I realize it sounds like spam, but it is legit. I also have my books being sold online and...

06-08-2019, 04:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Gender Identity, Expression, and Why It Matters – Discuss

Do you feel that your gender identity, or the way you express it, falls outside of the “norm”? Maybe you have a friend or family member you're concerned about? Have you – or a loved one – eve...

05-28-2019, 12:09 PM By Ashlee T.
    • Glad to be here!

I found this site via my subscription to another writers’ site...and boy, I’m glad to be here!

I haven’t been published since the ‘70’s-‘80s,...

Yesterday, 11:39 AM By Lakewolf Whitecrow
    Working...
    X