Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depo provera is killing our once amazing relationship.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Depo provera is killing our once amazing relationship.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half and our relationship has been wonderful. We went through normal slumps and phases but overall we were deeply in love and the topic of our future together surfaced very often. She started taking the depo provera shot around 4 to 4 1/2 months ago and just a few weeks after her first injection, she changed drastically. She began having many bad mood swings, I began to always irritate her even though I was still acting my normal self, she rarely showed any affection, and really just lost interest in me. I knew that something was causing this to happen but didn't know what it was until I discovered all of the terrible experiences listed on the internet. I love my girlfriend more than anything in this world and have planned to fight until the end but her loss of interest in our relationship is taking a toll on me. While we both know now what is causing her to be like this, our relationship is seeming to be nearing an end. While she claims she loves me still, I rarely feel loved anymore. However she has decided to discontinue the shot and her last injection was about a month and a half ago. This girl is my world and I want to marry her one day however, our relationship has become toxic to me. While I have stood by her side trying to be the best man possible to her, I am scared she will never reciprocate the love that is needed in a relationship. And even though I love her more than anything in this world, my question is: should I leave her or should I continue standing by her side until the affects of the depo provera injection wear off? While it may seem like a dumb question since I love her, I fear she will never love me like she once did...even when the birth control wears off. I am desperate for any tips on how to strengthen our love and relationship during this tough time or even better.

• I understand that the relationship now feels tarnished. But I will say this, if the love was there before depo, it's still there now. Hardships and periods of difficulty will happen in any relationship. If that is all it takes to tarnish it into something not worth keeping, then perhaps it never was.

I am someone who did not handle hormonal bc well. Inevitably after 10 years of trying, I made the decision to go off of it completely. And thank goodness. Depo is different than the pill. It can take months to get out of a woman system.

If this is truly your only issue, then I suggest taking a deep breath, standing back and letting her get this out of her system and see what happens. If things don't start to improve gradually, then consider it may not be the depo causing the problem after all.

And hey...you get kudos in my book for getting on here to even post about it. It's obvious you love her.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X