Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience going off Lybrel/Amethyst/28day no period pill?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Anyone have experience going off Lybrel/Amethyst/28day no period pill?

I am looking for some experiences others have had with going off of Lybrel/Amethyst/any no-period 28 day pills. I am planning to go off of birth control at the end of May. In the past, when I was on a more regular pill, when I would get to the placebo week (which I would just not take at all) I would get my period within 2 days of not taking the pill. So, my planning was to go off at the end of this month, so that within two days I get my period and have it for the last week of the month so that moving forward, each month I will get it around the end of the month (I have gone off the pill completely before (been taking it for like 14 years) and my cycle immediately returns to normal, 28 days). I have a cruise during the first two weeks of July and wanted to time it so that my period would be over before starting the cruise.
    However - I have been on Lybrel since about January and have been getting a lighter period at the beginning of every month for the first week of the month despite taking the pills every day (and almost nonstop breakthrough bleeding). I am concerned that because of this, when I go off at the end of this month, I will not get the normal withdrawal bleeding/period within two days as I have historically with other pills. But if I continue with the beginning of the month period like I've had then I will have my period for the entire cruise which would be so devastating.
    So, I am looking for any and all experiences others have had with stopping the non-stop pills. I know everyone's body is different and one person's experience might be different than mine, but I am still just looking for maybe some idea of what to anticipate.

Tl;dr - When you stopped taking a 28 day pill (specifically Lybrel/Amethyst) did your period return right away/did you get the normal withdrawal bleeding you would get during any other pill's placebo week right away after stopping?

Thank you for any insight you can offer me.

• Hi Kennedy, I'm commenting in hopes that some others will see this. While I was on bc for 10 years and went off of it myself, I was never on a no-period pill. I was on a low-dose....maybe something like Lo-Seasonique briefly, but I hated it because although I knew I was not supposed to have a period, I still FELT like I was going to have a period each month. The cramping, the bloating, the mood swings, etc and then it left me worrying all the time that I'd start unexpectedly, or even more serious, what if I was pregnant!? So...I did eliminate bc entirely but can't speak to your specific pill.

I'm hoping someone will see this who can.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X