Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IUD for 6 months - still spotting - OBGYN gives 2 week tablets

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• IUD for 6 months - still spotting - OBGYN gives 2 week tablets

Hi all - have been on Mirena IUD for 6 months, and still spotting for over half the month. OBGYN gives me a 2 week supply of Estradiol 1mg tablet to take for 2 weeks. OBGYN doc says it will "reset" everything and stop the bleeding.

But the thing is - we are going on a large trip to visit family at the end of June and have no idea how to "time" this. Should I just take this 2 week Estradiol course now or does anyone have any suggestions on how to time this 2 week course prior to June 22? Maybe take this 2 weeks course DURING the vacation since it will stop breakthrough bleeding?

It's so hard to get a hold of anyone at my OBGYN and I can't switch right now due to insurance issues. Another suggestion I found is that Naproxen (an NSAID) 500mg daily before a trip will reduce/stop bleeding from a new IUD.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
  • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
  • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
  • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
  • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
  • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
  • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
  • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
    I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
  • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
Working...
X