Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't take birth control pills

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jns
    replied
    Originally posted by Space-Traveller View Post
    Hey

Thank you for your replies.

I have been trying a lot of things and looking for solutions. Some things work, but I'm not free from reproductive health worries.

- I would like to thank people from this forum for information about non-hormonal backup birth control such as spermicides and diaphragm, that can be used in addition to a condom.
    - my PMS just suddenly disappeared
    - I worked on my diet to reduce stomach pains and it seems to have reduced the period pains to a reasonable amount of pain
    - I still take progesterone to regulate cycles
    - I have had too much blood loss last month, but I'm trying to adjust the progesterone medication better, I hope it will help
    - I gave up the idea of an IUD, it's too risky and my doctor suggested the birth control pill Slynd, which I'm thinking of trying

So in general, I find ways to manage without birth control pills, and that are less invasive.

Yes, it could have been the size of the condom my ex had a penis of a smaller than average size and couldn't get a condom that fit well. In this light, it would have been reasonable to add backup on the female end.
    I'm glad that you are getting better control of the situation. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• Space-Traveller
    replied
    Hey

Thank you for your replies.

I have been trying a lot of things and looking for solutions. Some things work, but I'm not free from reproductive health worries.

- I would like to thank people from this forum for information about non-hormonal backup birth control such as spermicides and diaphragm, that can be used in addition to a condom.
    - my PMS just suddenly disappeared
    - I worked on my diet to reduce stomach pains and it seems to have reduced the period pains to a reasonable amount of pain
    - I still take progesterone to regulate cycles
    - I have had too much blood loss last month, but I'm trying to adjust the progesterone medication better, I hope it will help
    - I gave up the idea of an IUD, it's too risky and my doctor suggested the birth control pill Slynd, which I'm thinking of trying

So in general, I find ways to manage without birth control pills, and that are less invasive.

Yes, it could have been the size of the condom my ex had a penis of a smaller than average size and couldn't get a condom that fit well. In this light, it would have been reasonable to add backup on the female end.

Leave a comment:

• ante
    replied

There’s a good chance the pill will be totally safe for you — most people can take it with no problems. The pill has been around for more than 50 years, and millions of people have used it safely.

Leave a comment:

• Ceerasmith
    replied
    In my advice is to visiting with your doctor to find out what birth control works best for you as some people can experience some pretty extreme side effects. Also you need to share with your friends, may they help you to solve this problem. In case your doctor can't understand your situation, then you need to visit some other doctor, which have good experience. Sometimes taking high quantity of birth pills may effect in your body. Without any suggestion don't take.

Leave a comment:

• Rayn
    replied
    Space-Traveller looks like there's quite a bit going on here. First, as it's been a while since you've posted this, have there been any new developments? In the meantime, my advice is to continue with your doctor to find out what birth control works best for you as some people can experience some pretty extreme side effects. As for sex and pregnancy prevention, aside from pure abstanance, condoms are your best bet. When it comes to condoms sliding off, it's usually because one of two things. Either it was put on improperly in the first place, or it's the wrong size. There are also the options of using more than one condom or still not allowing your partner to ejaculate inside you even with a condom. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Space-Traveller
    started a topic Can't take birth control pills

Can't take birth control pills

I thought that birth control pills could help me with so many things: preventing pregnancy, managing irregular cycles, reducing painful periods, getting rid of PMS. I imagined for so many years that I can take birth control pills and get rid of most of my health problems. But I can't take birth control pills.

Pills with estrogen were a disaster. My doctor suggested trying the progestin only pill. I tried and had unbearable side effects. The worst of them being my legs going numb. I just did all the exams for blood clots (I took the pill a year ago, so I doubt it still has influence on my blood clotting) and they came back negative, but even if it wasn't blood clots, I like to feel my legs! I also had issues with my mood and sleep, although very much smaller than with estrogen and I had terrible nausea and constipation, I barely ate. It just wasn't a good experience overall. My doctor said that she can only offer me the smallest IUD Kyleena, since I reacted so badly to the smallest dose of hormones available. And IUDs are likely to cause abdominal pain, which I'm prone to.

I feel lost and out of options. I want to have a backup when it comes to condoms. I feel paranoid about getting pregnant. I'm terrified to death, I don't want to even date anyone. I have an experience that a condom slid off. I don't have much sexual experience. I sometimes need to induce a period with medication, but all of them are very painful and I take Ketonal in large doses plus antispasmoitic meds and it doesn't work, I still can't leave the house. It causes me mental health breakdowns to stay at home and not be able to do anything, even read a book. I don't know what to do. I thought I could do what everyone else does. How on earth do I deal with it? Everywhere I look, there are no other options.
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X