Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facial Hair Made mistake of shaving now its REAL BAD

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Hair Made mistake of shaving now its REAL BAD

Hi everyone I had a hystorectomy a few years back and was not started on any estrogen. I was told because of this I started getting side burns and eventually a beard. I tried creams and waxing and it just started coming back fuller and fuller. I eventually started shaving. Dont get me wrong I love doing everything with my husband but this has gone to far. I am getting sick of having to do it everday sometimes twice a day because I get the five o'clock shadow. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Have you ever considered laser hair removal? I am not sure how expensive it is, but i hear it is great!

Comment

• I agree what summer was saying i also saw it on a medical clinic show that a lady had a side burn and a goate and on her chest....and they told her to get a laser hair removal....good luck with it

Comment

• Hmm that sounds like a tricky one! You could try laser hair removal or you could go back to your doctor and see if they can perscribe any hormone regulating treatments as it sounds like this could be the root of the problem.

Comment

• I have a very similar problem. What was suggested?

Comment

• ^ She wants to remove the hair on her face.

Comment

• hirsutism.. sucks. lazer surgery is painful and only gets 20 percent of the hairs you are trying to get rid of at each visit. i am currently trying a cream called vaniqua. haven't noticed that much of a change but a little make a big difference to any women if you keep up with the cream rubbing which is annoying you are supposed to see more and more of a change. also if you are going to shave give yourself a facial first at night or a little before you shave it circulates the blood in that area so you don't need to shave that often. i also believe that if you are to take a diuretic it helps to like spirnolactone. i did a lot of research on the matter. asked a lot of questions at the gyno. also birth control like yaz helps there is another one can't remember but its not regular ortho pills

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X