Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Wax or Shave? That is the question...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mewhenim
    replied
    I shave but I HATE the 2nd-4th days afterward when it's all itchy and bumpy, not a hot look! I am far too scared to wax as I think my legs hurt! As far as chemicals, the idea of chemicals that melt the hair off you is terrifying, I think I tried on a little patch years ago and it was terrible, I'm all over using a trimmer on the closest setting and keep the full shave for if I'm feeling special.

Leave a comment:

• mewhenim
    replied
    I shave but I HATE

Leave a comment:

• FlgirlinGa
    replied
    I used nads on my eyebrows and my legs and it did work. I never tried on my whoooha though. I am afraid it would hurt too bad. It didn't cause any irritation to my eyebrows or legs. And I have sensitive skin.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would prefer to shave your public hair. It reduces itching problem.

Leave a comment:

• heathers1974
    replied
    If and when I need to shave I usually use my hubby's "bodygroom" electric shaver. I am usually not shaved and only occasionally trim...I am quite hairy...my hair does grow way beyond the normal "bikini line"...but luckily I am married to man who has no preference when it comes to being shaved, trimmed or hairy.

Leave a comment:

• seattlestorm73
    replied
    Neither is the answer

Sugaring is better than waxing because sugaring is all natural, it has water,lemon and sugar and it goes with the direction when the sugar is being extracted with the hair,therefore it pulls it out with the bulb and less pain because waxing you pull AGAINST the opposite way your hair grows which causes breakage,ingrown hair,and very painful as the wax is being pulled with the hair. Waxing you can only go one time over the skin you just waxed, if you do it again,you are pulling the layer of skin off which will cause a burn mark or a burning sensation after wards. As for the Sugar,you can go over the skin as much as you want and at room temperature it will never burn your skin. This method of Sugaring has been around as far back as 1900BC in the ancient times in Egypt and Greece. I tried doing a wax Brazilian on myself,THAT was extremely painful.As for the Sugaring experience doing a Brazilian I done it with a breeze, only the first time it was like tearing a band aid off your skin,there after the skin starts toughening up that the next time you sugar it doesn't hurt.That right there I definatly will vouch for because I tested it myself to see if it did hurt as bad as waxing.Hands down to Sugaring that's the best method ever.
    Oh and it last longer than waxing and is strong enough to even remove the ingrown hair which causes the raised bumps or pimply area because of a strand of hair growing back inwards.I know because I want to make sure when I tell my clients what experience I personally had then they can be assured that it can work for them IF they follow the proper procedures of exfoliating,toning and moisturizing the area.

Leave a comment:

• MARCO POLO
    replied
    "sugaring" and "waxing" are the only way to go and only when done by a professional who has been doing it for a while. (at least 3 years).

Leave a comment:

• Ashaleigh
    replied
    I usually shave. I got this amazing shave cream called Coochie Cream, and yes it came from a sex toy party. lol It makes the hair softer and reduced a lot of the bumps and ingrown hair. HOWEVER, I have also been waxed down there and I would choose that ANY day over shaving. Yes it hurts, but only for a second, and lasts way longer. the only problems I have had with ingrown hairs with the waxing were the hairs that I created while shaving, and the woman took care of them for me when she waxed me.

Leave a comment:

• RachL
    replied
    One of the most important things when it comes to waxing is to never skimp on waxing products. True, the drug store variety of waxing kits and pre-made waxing strips may be convenient, and might do an OK job, at best. But nothing can come close to using professional waxing products. A few of the very best wax brands out there are: Ceripil, Lycon, and, arguably the very best of them all - Berin's wax. Now, these are ALL professional grade waxes, thud you normally need to be a licensed beauty professional in order to purchase them. But, there are a few online sources where they will sell to the general public. But keep this in minf before considering making a purchase of any of the listed waxes. A person may be using the finest wax in the world, but if she lacks the knowledge, and skill required to use these products in a proper manner, they are essentially useless and will not give good results. You need to have a solid understanding of waxing fundamentals prior to using any professional wax system. The people doing this for a living don't make good money for no reason. No, they are both thoroughly trained, and highly skilled in providing waxing services to their customers. And for this level of service, customers are more than willing to pay big bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Kaitie
    replied
    I use Sally Hansen's Brazilian wax kit. I've also tried Sally Hansen's all over body wax but it was HORRIBLE. The brazilian wax kit is the best i've tried so far and it's super affordable. It's a hard wax so you don't need to use messy strips. I'll admit the first time I wanted to die. As you keep doing it the hair will get finer and softer so it doesn't hurt as bad. I think the trick with the hard wax is to keep it thin. If you put a huge blob of wax on your yoohoo it's going to kill. Although, it might be necessary the first time because the hair will be more coarse. I think the best part about this wax is that if you wanted to you could re-use the wax by microwaving it again. I don't think i'll ever use another product.

Leave a comment:

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X