Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaving inner legs...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving inner legs...

Hi, I'm a guy - asking on behalf of my woman. I saw this board and thought that you guys might have some decent knowledge between you, so I thought I'd ask about an issue that concerns my partner.

Basically, on her inner legs, when she shaves (not just immediately after, can last for ages), she gets what look like normal spots. They last longer, however, are apparently painful, and as the skin is different on the legs than elsewhere, they would seem to be far tougher to do anything with (smaller pores and stuff). She generally seems to shave against the grain, which, as a guy, I've told her not to do as it can cause ingrowing hairs, but then again when I've tried shaving her it's tough to get it all properly without going against the grain.

She's talked to a dermotologist about this, and she got put on generic antibiotic #3424, and was given some alcohol scrub stuff to clean the area. Months have passed, and it's not like the problem has solved itself completely, although it is slightly better.

Oh, one other thing that I think was a factor was.... Vaseline... Whenever she used a certain toy she got vaseline all over her inner legs, which in my eyes would be good at blocking pores and stuff.

Does this sound like a common issue, does anyone have any tips they could pass on which I could in turn pass on? I can't say it's not in my interest in solving this, as it means she shaves less...

Thanks for any help.

• hello! i used to have the same problem when i shaved there too, and honestly the only two ways that prevent from those painful spots and ingrown hair is waxing, it's painful but worth it, plus it takes two weeks to two months to grow back! or laser hair removal,after about 10 sessions the results are great. but i'm afraid i can't help with getting rid of the spots now,i'm using the same alcohol thing and antibiotic cream and it helps a little.but seriously please stop shaving it'll only get worse hope i was of some use.
    good luck!
    Last edited by zoey; 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the response.

I'd say that makes sense, she does want to get laser hair removal, but I think that costs a lot and she doesn't have the cash now... How much does it cost?

As for waxing, she has tried a few times (before I met her) and said that it never really worked, out - in that it never got all the hairs, was patchy or whatever. Was she just using a **** waxing thing? Are her hairs just too tough? (lol)

Comment

• What do you mean normal spots?
        Like Razor burn?
        [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

• I mean that they look like normal (acne) spots that one would find on the face, only without a head... Basically just a swollen pore, or something. Reddish, obviously.

Comment

• They probably are a mixture of shaving and probably pimples I get this as well and while its not painful always it is embarasing. Tell her to exfoliate that will unclog pours get rid of dead skin etc. try st ives apricot scrub foir sensitive skin its at wal mart and inexpensive
            [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

• probably the wax she used was a bad kind, coz there's an oil based wax and a water based one depending on her skin type, if sensitive etc. and there is no one with tougher hair than mine!hehe.and dawn9800 is right, exfoliating does help...if the apricot scrub doesn't work, i don't know if you have it in salons where you live but if you do find a salon that offers Moroccan Bath i suggest she try it, it consists of moroccan bath soap extracted from olives and alot of steam...or get the stuff and do it at home, you need a very rough glove or loofah and the moroccan soap. it's honestly the best thing ever!it's the ultimate exfoliator and it's from neck to toe... and i don't think it's expensive.it'll get rid of most of those pimples, some are ingrown hairs and clear off aaall dead skin and impurities, plus the skin feels so smooth and looks great after. unfortunately laser is expensive where i live (Dubai), and it didn't help me, but that's coz i have pcos.hormone imbalance+laser=more and tougher hair...but that's just meee hehe.
              take care

Comment

• u can try the new rolling razor it delivers a great shave you can check it out at rollingrazor.com

Comment

• i saw the rolling razor on cnbc the other day it looked cool but when you shave its a process do you know what she ues when she shaves as regard to creams ?

Comment

• Smooth Skin

I posted in a similar discussion, but I've tried this stuff called "Bump Down" by Barc on my legs when I shave and I don't see any redness, spots, irritation, none of that stuff. It's really great and might be able to help her.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to My Wife & Orgasm

If you're looking for more discussions or tips on sexual health and pleasure, you might find some helpful articles on a site like https://periuod.com...

Yesterday, 05:18 PM By Dakotas66s
                    • Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
                    • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                      2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
                    • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
                    • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X