Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight and facial hair

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight and facial hair

Hi Ladies!
    I'm almost 25 years of age and I also have problems with facial hair. I've been noticing it for the last few years.

I've had blood tests and have been told my hormone levels are ok. I am however morbidly obese and have been simply told that this is causing my hair.

Can anyone verify that this is correct? Ive never heard of anyone getting facial hair due to being overweight. I also have not had a period for several years (also attributed to my weight).

Does this sound right? Whenever I talk to my GPs i get the distinct impression of being 'fobbed off'.

• I think I know what the problem is...

Hello,

Based off of your symptoms, you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am not a doctor but I have the same problems going on with me. I went to the doctor and he ran test after test. He later performed a D&C and a hystercopy on me. Turns out that I had a build up of blood since I never have periods that often. He put me on Ortho-tri-cyclen lo and Metformin plus spironolact to decrease the male hormones that pcos women tend to have. For as the weight, I know it's hard to lose because of all the drama in the body but their is hope. Cut out all sugars and eat veggies, chicken breast, no pork, and wheat bread with no sugar in it. I got this from a women on here that lost 40 pounds in 3 months. Try that and see if it helps. Trust me I know your pain ... Go back to your doctor and ask him/her about PCOS and how to maintain it.

Comment

• weight and facial hair

I'm over weight too and had facail hair for some time now.I have gone through tests that say i haven't polysitic ovaries but having same problems to women who have this.I'm not making enough of the female hormone also i'm not making enough insulin.For some reason Metformin causes back ache for me and i have to stop taking it.I buy Veet wax strips this keeps hair away for weeks,also i use VANIQUA

yorkielass

Comment

• I'm overweight and have some rather annoying bits of facial hair as well, but I have tested negative for PCOS. It would have been comforting to get a diagnosis such as that; at least it would explain some of my personal issues. But yeah, I really don't know. I'm currently losing weight and am still dealing with facial hair. So I'm not sure what to think. Maybe go for a second opinion or consider seeing a dermatologist (they, too, specialize in hair!)
        "...and we'll become silhouettes when our bodies finally go..."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to My Wife & Orgasm

If you're looking for more discussions or tips on sexual health and pleasure, you might find some helpful articles on a site like https://periuod.com...

Today, 05:18 PM By Dakotas66s
        • Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
        • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
          2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
        • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
        • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X