Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Shave Regularly?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not really a shaving kind of person, I prefer waxing a lot more. I really want to try sugaring now, but I can't find someone with enough experience in my area. I have super sensitive skin, so shaving irritates it waaay too much. Even with waxing I need to take good care of my skin afterwards
    Last edited by admin; 07-16-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMr View Post
      As a guy i keep my pubes shaved but i rarely shave the rest of me. I used to shave my chest until a few partners said they liked it
      thats right things thanks .
      Last edited by Alison H.; 07-18-2021, 02:21 PM. Reason: link removal

Comment

• Can help me with how to choose a good skincare cream, someone?

Comment

• I find shaving to be such a chore! Cut hair just for it to grow back again! That said, there is no better feeling than freshly shaven legs on clean sheets or silk pajamas. When I do shave (which is not a regular thing for me) I like to take a bath first because it really helps to loosen up my hair and prep it for shaving. I use conditioner to shave my leg hair - something I’ve been doing since my middle school days It’s nice to follow up with a hydrating lotion to lock in moisture.

Comment

• A great all over body cream for post shaving is the Lush dream cream! It’s made with oats, lavender and rose and is extremely soothing on the skin. I like it because it’s cooling and light - a perfect formula in my opinion. If you’re searching for a good drugstore lotion option, I recommend the Shea moisture brand. They make high quality natural bath and beauty products with limited ingredients. Great for sensitive skin.

Comment

• I stopped shaving & stopped wearing a bra

both very freeing
              Last edited by amy40; 09-28-2021, 11:26 AM. Reason: unsure of when stopped

Comment

• Shaving is just a personal preference. I prefer being clean shaven. Regardless of penis size it makes it look bigger. I have a i inch penis but my balls are small and it makes it look better

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                  I stopped shaving & stopped wearing a bra

both very freeing
                  Me as well Amy! Natural is healthy!

Comment

• I used to always go back and forth shaving and waxing my entire body as I always thought that is what men wanted. It was actually my husband that enlightened me how some men really find a girl with some body hair very attractive. We were on a three-week long camping trip in the wilderness and one of the items I didn't pack was a razor (or deodorant). By the end of the trip the hair on my armpits and pubic area really started growing in. At the time, I couldn't wait until we got back home to shave it all off.

My husband however, really loved the new look especially the armpit hair. He mentioned how it made me look more free-spirited and confident which is really what men like him find the most attractive in a woman. He also loved the natural deodorant-free scent. While I washed in lakes and rivers each day, my natural pheromones were more pleasing to him than masking it with perfumes.

Since then, I grow in my hair or shave/wax my pubic area and armpits depending on which mood I am in (and I never wear deodorant around him, lol). My legs are the only exception. I keep them smooth for my own person reasons and that takes no time at all since they are fine hairs. In my opinion (and my husband's), women should shave/wax by personal choice, not by societal pressures on what the "think" looks best to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monique Kova View Post
                      I used to always go back and forth shaving and waxing my entire body as I always thought that is what men wanted. It was actually my husband that enlightened me how some men really find a girl with some body hair very attractive. We were on a three-week long camping trip in the wilderness and one of the items I didn't pack was a razor (or deodorant). By the end of the trip the hair on my armpits and pubic area really started growing in. At the time, I couldn't wait until we got back home to shave it all off.

My husband however, really loved the new look especially the armpit hair. He mentioned how it made me look more free-spirited and confident which is really what men like him find the most attractive in a woman. He also loved the natural deodorant-free scent. While I washed in lakes and rivers each day, my natural pheromones were more pleasing to him than masking it with perfumes.

Since then, I grow in my hair or shave/wax my pubic area and armpits depending on which mood I am in (and I never wear deodorant around him, lol). My legs are the only exception. I keep them smooth for my own person reasons and that takes no time at all since they are fine hairs. In my opinion (and my husband's), women should shave/wax by personal choice, not by societal pressures on what the "think" looks best to others.

I understand your husband's preferences since I find pubic hair on women attractive and mysterious. I have never been with a woman who had armpit hair but I think I would like that also.
                      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Recommend a C-Ring?

That’s good to know. Thanks! I have a HO Curve g-spotter, and fine that bass/treble tech to be pretty cool. I’ll def check out what else they have...

Yesterday, 02:31 AM By Wednesday L.F.
                      • Reply to Why Are Some Men Afraid Of Marriage? He Just Won't Propose!

I also agree with Gena G. -- in both my marriages, we talked about what we wanted and what our future might look like, including marriage, long before...

01-14-2022, 09:35 AM By Kayla Lords
                      • Reply to What

As someone who has had really awful relationships, relationships that started well and ended badly, and a (current) solid relationship that is fulfilling...

01-14-2022, 09:29 AM By Kayla Lords
                      • What

Hey All
                        What a man wants from Woman And what woman wants from Man
                        i have seen people struggle with their Relationship
                        No one is perfect...

01-13-2022, 03:02 AM By NewRichardMercado
                      • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

Oh wow, that sounds very difficult. I know that when I was in a similar situation, it was simply taking me a long time to realize that my relationship...

01-12-2022, 03:50 PM By Wednesday L.F.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• What

Hey All
                        What a man wants from Woman And what woman wants from Man
                        i have seen people struggle with their Relationship
                        No one is perfect...

01-13-2022, 03:02 AM By NewRichardMercado
                      • I stopped using the birth patch, when does my period come?

So I only wore the patch for the first 3 weeks (this is my first time ever using it). As you all know after that time you’re supposed to have a patch...

01-09-2022, 04:27 AM By Sofia12330
                      • Egg Donation

Have you ever donated eggs through a fertility clinic? I know that it's a pretty lengthy process and there is much to consider about egg donation, but...

12-31-2021, 04:43 PM By Zoë T.
                      • Will birth patch change my period dates?

So I started using the birth patch about 3 weeks ago now. I didn’t put the first one on after a week and a half of my period. I informed myself that...

12-31-2021, 04:30 AM By Sofia12330
                      • Recommend a C-Ring?

My hubs has finally agreed to give **** rings a try (though he’d be mortified that I’m telling people). But as I haven’t bought one in a few decades,...

12-28-2021, 11:00 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                      Working...
                      X