Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Shave Regularly?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shave my legs about every other day or sometimes I go for several days without shaving if I don't have to show my legs or don't have to get close/intimate with anyone. I hate how stubble feels though and what's especially annoying is after shaving my legs if I get chills, the goosebumps push the hairs back up to the surface so it's still a little prickly. Ugh! Biggest pet peeve!

In the past, I always freaked out and apologized if I was intimate with a guy and my legs weren't freshly shaved. I don't think I've met a guy yet who actually cared -- many were super vocal about not caring if I had a day or two's worth of stubble -- but I don't know, I get super self conscious. I know how sexy and soothing it is to rub a freshly waxed leg so I guess the idea of feeling like sandpaper is the furthest from sexy, haha.

I've gotten more comfortable now that I realize guys really don't get a crap, haha, they're clearly focused on other things in that arena so that takes some of the pressure off.

However, I also use a razor to completely shave my lady parts, including the undercarriage. I like the way it looks and feels better. I know a lot of people have very extreme opinions about being a "Barbie Doll" down there but I dig it and I find that the more days I go in between shaving that area, the smoother the shave is and the less likely I am to cut myself.

Now my armpits, ugh, I wish I had the funds to get electrolysis. I turned to an at-home hot wax machine and I really love it. The hairs come back so thin that sometimes I go for days and don't realize the hair has grown back because it's so fine that you'd need to be really up close to see it. I try my best to not shave and reset the thickness of the hair but sometimes I'll give it a quick shave if I don't have the time to bust out the wax machine.

One of my best friends got an electric hair remover device from Amazon, the kind that uses red light technology (or infrared, whatever it's called) and she swears by it. I'm just not in a position to spend the $100+ on it but when I get some spending money, I'll definitely give it a shot. Not sure I want to use it on a larger area like my legs but if I could be hair-free from my underarms, that would be amazing.

Comment

• I shave my legs and armpits every 2-3 days. I just had surgery and had to wait about seven days before I was capable of shaving and I HATED it. I know my partner doesn't care if I'm hairy or not - it certainly never slows him down, lol. But I've always had thick, dark hair and never liked how it looked. And I love how soft and smooth my skin feels - until I get goosebumps or wait too long to shave, lol.

I wax my vulva - full Brazilian wax, butt too. I absolutely support people who don't want to move the hair down there, but I became a lot more comfortable with my body and my own sexual pleasure once I started waxing - masturbation felt better. I did it post-divorce in 2012 before I started dating anyone (so it definitely wasn't done because someone wanted me to remove the hair), and I've kept it up every 5-6 weeks ever since. My husband even cleans himself up down there every so often. Not quite a full Brazilian, but definitely major hair removal. It makes penetrative sex feel different -- in a good way.

Waxing is the only hair removal maintenance that doesn't annoy me. Shaving does. I love having smooth legs and pits, but hate having to shave to do it. But I won't want the time and expense of waxing and can't afford laser hair removal. So...I keep shaving, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kayla Lords View Post
        It makes penetrative sex feel different -- in a good way.
        I keep my boys shaved (~1x per week). Time that up with a good trim from my wife and sex is definitively more slippery!

Comment

• Back in the days, I also was shaving my legs and arms like clockwork, but at some period of time, I thought that it would be better to address the professional aesthetic saloon and make a hair removal procedure instead.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sore on clitoral hood

Hi, im pregnant and for the last week my vulva has been extremely sore especially in the clit area. i have been keeping an eye on it and it seems like...

08-11-2022, 10:38 AM By annom1307
          • Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

I am a black woman and live in South Africa. Because of the history of racial segregation it is very very rare to see a mixed couple. So much so that...

08-11-2022, 05:32 AM By G-Wagon
          • Need advice about not feeling sensation or pleasure

I'm a 39 Male and my fiancé is 40. when we have sex I barely feel any sensation or pleasure. She is also on birth control the patch. We don't use condoms...

08-09-2022, 11:13 AM By netzone23
          • Why cant i see or Feel my clitoris anymore?

Two weeks ago I woke up to a clitoris thay literally felt numb and it felt like it was gone. I touched the nub and there was no good sensation.

08-08-2022, 09:33 AM By Sofa
          • NFP classes

for those interested in NFP classes (natural family planning), there is a search site to help one find classes near where you live
            I put in my zipcode...

08-08-2022, 03:58 AM By amy40
          Working...
          X