Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gray and Silver Hair Trend - It's Real, and It's Empowering - Discuss

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a full head of hair at 62, with white hairs mostly visible at my temples (I have reddish brown hair). I use hair clippers to shape and limit the amount of white hair visible. Fortunately, battery operated hair clippers are cheap if you look around. Mine were in the $10 to $20 range. Since Covid-19, I have taken to cutting my own hair in a military style cut (I like my hair short). I have my wife finish up the back of the hair and neck to make sure it is all trimmed and has an even hair line. In Cambodia, a haircut only costs $1.50, but I often have trouble getting them to cut it as short as I like it.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanessa R. View Post
      But yeah, I'm in love with grey!

And thanks for adding "temple pubes" to my vocabulary, Alison H. LMAO. I'm actually a "bare Barbie" so I don't have to worry about that! Haha.
      Hah! You're welcome — I do what I can. LOL! (I haven't noticed any actual pube-pubes turning grey... YET. But the rest of what isn't shaven stays super short, so I might just not be noticing any. I'll have to take a look the next time I do landscaping, if I'm brave enough to want to know for sure... maybe that's one mystery that should stay a mystery for now.)

I can SO relate to wanting to look like Storm from X-Men; it is a legitimate dream. Or Khaleesi from GoT. Just flowing silver-white hair. I have the start of what I like to call a "streak" starting on my right side — it's like 20 hairs but they're pretty close together. I want a stripe! A solid silver-white stripe.

There is something to be said for silver foxes, I agree with you on that... I've always preferred older men in general, but there is something really sexy about grey (or even white) hair on a man. But only when they're not acting old, if that makes sense? Like youthful/fun, but silver or salt and pepper hair. That is freaking hot.

Comment

• grey hair is great

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
          Women of all ages are seen sporting various shades of silver and gray tresses or going gray gracefully, no matter the method or reasons. What do you think?

Have you noticed the gray hair trend taking root? Are you a part of it? Do you know someone that is? Tell us your thoughts about this growing revolution.

Whatever you may think of the sprouting of this “granny hair” trend, it is blossoming everywhere.

As a result, we decided to look deeper into this growing fashion statement, what started it, why it's so popular, and share what we learned.

You can read the full article we wrote here:

https://www.womens-health.com/gray-hair-trend

Then come back and tell us what you think!
          I will let you know

Comment

• I've dyed my hair for several years and (for several reasons, including cost and time) I decided to let my silver and gray grow out starting this summer. Right now I'm in the multi-color stage which doesn't look great, but it's kind of nice not worrying about dying my hair. Though I sometimes do a double-take in the mirror because I'm not used to what I look like with my roots showing.

Once it's fully grown out (I have very short hair so that won't take long), then I'll decide if I like it or if I want to go back to dying my hair again.

Right now, I feel like it may look less cute and silver foxy and more, "She needs to do something with her hair!" but we'll see.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Strap on sex with boyfriend

You get to define your own sexuality. It isn't defined for you! Your boyfriend could have sex with men and still be straight. Personally I think men who...

10-22-2021, 02:59 PM By Gena G.
            • Reply to Just started dating someone...

I think you should wait to see if you develop a sexual spark. That would be the time to be completely open and reveal it.

10-22-2021, 01:43 PM By EmpyNester
            • Just started dating someone...

I just started dating someone (2 dates) who I met online. He's very nice and I'm enjoying his company (spark? Not yet). I was diagnosed as HPV+ during...

10-22-2021, 11:49 AM By Grace41
            • Reply to Dating and beauty maintenenance

I recommend doing a microdermabrasion treatment, or investing in an at home microdermabrasion machine! I have the PMD and use it once a week to exfoliate...

10-22-2021, 10:11 AM By Zoë T.
            • Reply to Strap on sex with boyfriend

Everyone has different likings when it comes to sex! Honestly, I find the amount of different kinks that this world holds to be pretty amazing. Pegging...

10-22-2021, 10:05 AM By Zoë T.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Just started dating someone...

I just started dating someone (2 dates) who I met online. He's very nice and I'm enjoying his company (spark? Not yet). I was diagnosed as HPV+ during...

10-22-2021, 11:49 AM By Grace41
            • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
              however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
            • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
            • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
            • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
            Working...
            X