Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gray and Silver Hair Trend - It's Real, and It's Empowering - Discuss

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Thanks.

Comment

• Alison H. I'd really like to try that hair treatment, but am really concerned about it weighing my hair down - making it look oily or leaving a residue so it won't hold a wave/curls. My hair is naturally straight and fine, though I have a lot of hair, and it is pretty sensitive to oily treatments. Does it wash out well, without a rigorous scrubbing?

Comment

• Hey everyone!

Yes, I have noticed this trend in almost all the middle-aged women in my family, and their reasoning for this is that they prefer the natural ageing process and that it looks 'graceful'.

Coming from an Asian background, I can confidently say that at least most of the Gen X women in my family drool over 'gracefulness'.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          Alison H. I'd really like to try that hair treatment, but am really concerned about it weighing my hair down - making it look oily or leaving a residue so it won't hold a wave/curls. My hair is naturally straight and fine, though I have a lot of hair, and it is pretty sensitive to oily treatments. Does it wash out well, without a rigorous scrubbing?
          It does wash out well, in my experience! Granted, I don't use the oil every day or anything. But a single wash with shampoo gets it out — I just go lighter with the conditioner afterward, at least on oil treatment day.

My hair is a little on the coarser side, however — and wavy/curly (depending on if I bother to dry it with a diffuser or not LOL). It is NOT all that thick, however; I have some thyroid-related thinning that's worse (or better) at times.

You could try using it lightly at first. I coat the crap out of mine when I do it, but again, my hair has gotten a bit coarse with age (and the silvering...)

*Mo

I can absolutely understand the desire for gracefulness and aging naturally — I feel the same way about it. I still love putting streaks of bright color in my hair, but not so much that it covers my silver. I REALLY love the tinsel effect, honestly.

The funny thing is that younger generations are doing this to their hair through artificial means (extensions). Apparently, tinsel hair is a big trend?

Guess I'm cool now.
          Last edited by Alison H.; 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM. Reason: I am my own grammar enforcer...

Comment

• I think I’m discovering a different kind of happiness. It’s a simple one. Sometimes we forget how much easier it is to just be nice. To anyone. Forgive but don’t forget. Learn lessons, don’t teach hate. these..... The Gray and Silver Hair Trend

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
              husband has tried to replicate it
              however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
            • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
            • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
              husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
              I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
            • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
            • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
            • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
            Working...
            X