Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoë T.
    replied
    I finally got my first treatment of laser hair removal! It was pretty fast and I thought much less painful than waxing. Hopefully it won’t take too many sessions for it to last.

Leave a comment:

• juliapotros
    replied
    Originally posted by Julia W. View Post
    Do it!! It's the best. It has cut my shower time in half. It does sting a little, but you can get numbing cream to put on 30 minutes before. I would say you would need to go three or four times and then just maintenance for armpits. As far as pubes, it depends on how big your booosh is. The nurse or whoever will be able to give you an estimate. Just remember it's permanent! I may have over lasered in the early oughts
    I'm considering to do it too your post gave me a push forward despite the talks about the contra indications about it ,, thank you

Leave a comment:

• JonnyR
    replied
    I tried laser hair removal on the nape of my neck, down to my upper back -- an annoying spot that I'm always shaving and trimming -- about 10 years ago.

I got about 3-4 treatments, maybe more, and it felt like rubber bands snapping on you when the laser fires -- nothing too bad really in terms of pain, but the worst part is that it didn't work!

I have more hair growing back there now than ever -- it seemed to stimulate the goddam stuff!

So, I gave up and that was that for laser hair removal...maybe it works better on pubes and women than guys with rougher hair? I wish it was permanent!

Leave a comment:

• Julia W.
    replied
    Do it!! It's the best. It has cut my shower time in half. It does sting a little, but you can get numbing cream to put on 30 minutes before. I would say you would need to go three or four times and then just maintenance for armpits. As far as pubes, it depends on how big your booosh is. The nurse or whoever will be able to give you an estimate. Just remember it's permanent! I may have over lasered in the early oughts

Leave a comment:

• Zoë T.
    started a topic Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve had laser, what was your experience like? Does it hurt? How many times do you need to do it? And how often?
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X