Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epilady?!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that looks like an electric razor. In fact, it was used to rip the hair out of your skin by the root, about 1.5 inches at a time.

I think it was the worst “hair removal system” in the history of humanity—and I’ve given myself chemical burns with Neat and Nair.

Did anyone else have one of these? Something worse?

• Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an interchangeable head for epilation.

I used to wax long ago (just legs and bikini line) and I think that helped epilation to not hurt AS much (from what I remember... it may have been so traumatic that I just blocked it out, honestly). But epilation is like the long and slow d r a w n o u t p r o c e s s of pulling e v e r y single hair one at a time, it feels like. I know it's at least a few hairs at a time, but man... I had forgotten all about it, honestly. The things we used to do to get rid of hair.

I could never use Neet or Nair, either, because of the chemical burns. One thing I have noticed though is that as I've gotten older, I have a lot less hair on my legs in general. It's like it's started to give up on me LOL.

I wish my chin hairs and mustache would follow suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison H. View Post
      Oh man...
      I wish my chin hairs and mustache would follow suit.
      Hahahaa, right?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X