Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pubic Hair Design

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubic Hair Design

A friend and I were discussing the appeal of pubic grooming, particularly when pubic hair is shaped into an interesting design or pattern - like a triangle etc. Though it requires quite a bit of prep, planning and follow-through, I do think ultimately that it is sexy and worth the time and effort. That being said, I've never turned away a full or unkempt bush before. Would love to know what others think about pubic hair shaping!

• While I am a fan of some bush, it can get in the way. My wife asks me to "groom" her on occaision when things start to get unruly. At that point, I get free reign to create my own masterpiece down there. In the end, I'd say the variety of styling down there is what I like most.

Comment

• I actually prefer a clean shaven pubic area. The bf prefers some hair, and thankfully, he likes a variety of styles and volumes. So, we can both enjoy it most of the time. I can trim it down to nothing, and he's ok with that for a time, then I'll grow it out, but groom it nicely for awhile...he seems to enjoy being surprised at what he might find as much as what is actually there.

Comment

• I've not been with women doing designs. I prefer hair to no hair but the hair has to be at least a length where it is soft and does not poke my chin. Trimming back some is fine. All of that said, it is still the woman's choice.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• where did everyone go?

Comment

• I used to date a chick who was fond of shaving in designs. I could take or leave it, but the joy she got from feeling pretty “down there” made me like it more than I would have otherwise.

Comment

• I can't fuss with shapes or fancy designs. The most I do is keep it really short and then shaved on the sides so it's neat. That's as fancy as I get and really, I do it for me just because it itches when it gets too long.

The thing is (and what people don't tell you, or at least they didn't tell me) is that as you get older, some of your body hair starts falling out or it stops growing. Or apparently, it just packs up and relocates to your chin instead.

I've got like 30 leg hairs on each inner shin (the rest grow on my chin and mustache now, I guess) and similarly, my pubic hair has thinned out greatly as well. I don't think there's ENOUGH to even carve a shape that would look like a shape...

Comment

• I would totally be down for my partner wanting to show off whatever creativity they've had rumbling around in their head.

That being said, when I was a younger man, any hint of bush, pubes or otherwise grossed me out and I was utterly disgusted by it!

However, as I've gotten older, and kinkier?, I'm not down for all sorts of stuff including a good ol' 70's bush with no trimming...so I guess you could say I am good with anything goes, and variety is the name of the game I guess! ;-)

Also, second to Alison H. 's statement about losing hair...for men, that doesn't seem to be the case at all! LOL...

It does 2 things: turns grey (oh boy...), AND migrates to weird places (hello ears!) -- I'm telling you, it's like a constant whack-a-mole or how I fondly like to call it "keeping my garden from growing weeds".

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is there something wrong with me?

Like everyone else just pointed out before me, there is nothing wrong with you. NEVER EVER blame yourself for something like this.
                  You were just...

Today, 09:07 AM By Mo
                • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

This could be a lot of fun, but I could never do this at work. I could do this with texts from he BF, set only to work only at certain times. I'd especially...

Yesterday, 06:16 PM By atskitty2
                • Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Yesterday, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

Yesterday, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

07-03-2022, 10:29 PM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X