Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hair loss

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wednesday L.F. View Post
    I really hate it. It just makes me feel self-conscious and ugly—which is the part I’d most like to get over. I’m sort of a hat person now.
    For what it's worth, you look great in a hat! (Seriously, your hats are adorable.)

I get what you mean though. It really does make you self-conscious. I don't know if it's this notion that as women we're supposed to have thick, luxurious hair or what, but at the same time, your hair is one of the first things people see when they look at you.

I've gotten crafty at the use of little butterfly clips (to craftily pin sections of hair just so, covering any thin spots that poke out if I pull my hair back) and I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that my current hair length (shoulder length) is about as long as I'm going to be able to let it grow.

I have dreams of wearing long hair again, but with my curls, when it is shorter, it covers better. I cut off about 10 inches of hair at the start of this year because I realized that when my hair was pulled into a ponytail, the bottom six inches were about the width of my pinkie finger.

I have been sticking with taking my stupid horse vitamins though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wednesday L.F. View Post
      I really hate it. It just makes me feel self-conscious and ugly—I’m sort of a hat person now.
      me too!

we had a date night tonight & was going to wear the wig I bought this year
      couldn't find the cap any where so had to wear a hat

for me I think it could be stress unless it's low thyroid
      I look back at pics from 10 years ago & my hair was so lovely & now it's so sad to see what's happened to it

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is there something wrong with me?

Like everyone else just pointed out before me, there is nothing wrong with you. NEVER EVER blame yourself for something like this.
        You were just...

Today, 09:07 AM By Mo
      • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

This could be a lot of fun, but I could never do this at work. I could do this with texts from he BF, set only to work only at certain times. I'd especially...

Yesterday, 06:16 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Yesterday, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

Yesterday, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

07-03-2022, 10:29 PM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X