Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hair loss

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wednesday L.F. View Post
    I really hate it. It just makes me feel self-conscious and ugly—which is the part I’d most like to get over. I’m sort of a hat person now.
    For what it's worth, you look great in a hat! (Seriously, your hats are adorable.)

I get what you mean though. It really does make you self-conscious. I don't know if it's this notion that as women we're supposed to have thick, luxurious hair or what, but at the same time, your hair is one of the first things people see when they look at you.

I've gotten crafty at the use of little butterfly clips (to craftily pin sections of hair just so, covering any thin spots that poke out if I pull my hair back) and I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that my current hair length (shoulder length) is about as long as I'm going to be able to let it grow.

I have dreams of wearing long hair again, but with my curls, when it is shorter, it covers better. I cut off about 10 inches of hair at the start of this year because I realized that when my hair was pulled into a ponytail, the bottom six inches were about the width of my pinkie finger.

I have been sticking with taking my stupid horse vitamins though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wednesday L.F. View Post
      I really hate it. It just makes me feel self-conscious and ugly—I’m sort of a hat person now.
      me too!

we had a date night tonight & was going to wear the wig I bought this year
      couldn't find the cap any where so had to wear a hat

for me I think it could be stress unless it's low thyroid
      I look back at pics from 10 years ago & my hair was so lovely & now it's so sad to see what's happened to it

Comment

• I'm not sure what dermaroller I used.

I know I don't come by often. It's because there really STILL isn't that much I can do with my hair due to the taper. The taper is STILL quite huge because, YES, my hair is STILL getting thicker! It's not been a little more than 2 years that I have been treating my hairloss. My hair has now reached 4.5" thickness. It was at 2.5" when I began measuring, after I noticed that it was thickening up. I literally have 3.24 times more hair than when I began treatment!

My rate of hairfall has increased from the abnormally low rate that it fell to about 6 months after I began treatment of under 10 hairs a day to a normal and healthy sort of rate of 25-30 hairs per day. I still do have young hairs that fall more than they should in ratio to the older/longer hairs, so it's obviously a medicated head that's growing hair! lol

Every so often people ask if it's still working. Yes, it is. You can still see where I started to use treatments almost as a line on my braid.

Yes, I'm continuing to grow new hair. No, I don't know when it will peter out. The drugs can't stimulate new follicles to be created. It can only tell sleeping follicles to make terminal hair!

Comment

• I had problems with hair and skin rashes and didn't pay attention to them for a long time. As a result, when I did an ultrasound of the thyroid gland, I had multiple thyroid cysts, which caused many aesthetic and physiological problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anouarbarack View Post
            I had problems with hair and skin rashes and didn't pay attention to them for a long time. As a result, when I did an ultrasound of the thyroid gland, I had multiple thyroid cysts, which caused many aesthetic and physiological problems.
            As a result, when I did an ultrasound of the thyroid gland, I had multiple thyroid cysts, which caused many aesthetic and physiological problems. I underwent a long hormone therapy process and it thinned my hair. I recently went through a hair transplant to feel more confident. I am very sorry that I did not go to the doctor immediately when the problems appeared.
            Last edited by Alison H.; 09-07-2022, 09:35 AM. Reason: Outbound links not permitted.

Comment

• Well it's a natural phenomenon that everyone loss hair during as they getting old or that might be due the genetically or might be due the diet but you don't be worry too much about it you can have hair loss treatment that recover your hair naturally.

Comment

• Yes as you are growing old with the passage of time your hair starts to receding and you feel like receding hair line that cause of hair loss but it can be prevent by herbal and medicated stuff..

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                  husband has tried to replicate it
                  however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
                • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                • Reply to antimarriage and kids

I'm 50 and have been married but had no kids. My bf is now 36, and he's never been married, doesn't want kids. So, we never plan to marry, but will likely...

Yesterday, 06:03 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                  husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                  I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
                • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
                • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                Working...
                X