Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menstrual cramp home remedies?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Menstrual cramp home remedies?

besides the usual ibuprofin, and a heating pad (which i have tried), have you found anything that works exceptionally well for cramping? if my cramps dont go away soon, Im going to end up curling up in the fetal position and wishing i were pregnant.
    The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
    -PostSecret

• Just like a heating pad, taking a hot bath, I don't know how old you are, but sometimes when my cramps are super bad and I don't have any ibuprofen or anything I'll have a glass of wine. That sometimes takes the edge off. Massaging your lower back and abdomen sometimes helps. I've heard that Vitamin E could help with menstrual cramps, but I've never tried that myself.

Comment

• I did the heating pad, and a hot bath. it helps for a bit, and then BAM...Im back to having so much pain its ridiculous! oh! I never thought of a glass of wine! I tried lavendar essential oil, and it worked for about....an hour. It seems like for the first day of my period, all I can do is cry, and try everything to get rid of the worst cramps ever.

Ive heard about vitamin E....Im going to try that. Thanks Lizzard!
      The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
      -PostSecret

Comment

• I have very painful periods also on the first day. I find what works best is ibuprofen for me though. I will take 4 of them (I am not recommending a certain "dose" to anyone, because we all react differently, and I know for myself that I can tolerate 4 at a time, others may not) right when I start feeling cramps. That usually prevents them from getting so bad that I am curled in a ball almost crying. I guess that's the only thing that REALLY works on taking away all the pain.

I actually went to my gyno about my cramps and she said what happens is that my uterus is having spasms and clenches like a fist which blocks the blood flow to my uterus (which makes it as painful as it is). It's basically like a heart attack to your uterus. OUchie... she prescribed me a low-dose anti-inflammatory, but it didn't work that well, so I just stuck to ibuprofen, which is a pain killer/anti-inflammatory.

Good luck!

Comment

• Oh! And I would not suggest taking the ibuprofen and wine together. Never know how they will mix. I stay away from mixing any of those things.

Comment

• lol! Im not going to mix meds with booze. BAD idea. I took some Naproxen pills today for the crapming...three at once. I have a pretty high tolerance to meds, so I figured three should do it....and it just barely helped.

Apparently i get to go and see a gyno now...yay...:/ But apparently I should be checked for endometriosis as well.

P.S- I wish my uterus was having a real "heart attack". I sometimes wish they would just give me the hysterectomy.
            -PostSecret

Comment

• the best over the counter medicine for that is excedrin menstural complete. midol does not work

Comment

• I have a herbal tea that is specially miexed at my drugstore, and t helps me a lot. I used to have cramps so bad I couldn't stand up straight. The tea worked very well. Also make sure that your iron balance is fine. That often can cause cramps as well.

Comment

• bleeding after period

Originally posted by brunettebabe View Post
                  the best over the counter medicine for that is excedrin menstural complete. midol does not work

find more details about

bleeding after period and bleeding before period

http://bleedingafterperio******************/

Comment

• I get excruciating period pain one day each month and I find masturbating to orgasm really helps. Even when it's the last thing I feel like doing I do it because it definitely makes a difference. I also put a heat pack under my lower back, have have a hot bath, massage my lower stomach and stretch.

Comment

• I used to have this problem really bad, but once I started taking a calcium supplement once a day, it help miraculously. You need to make sure you're strict enough and take it every day, though.
                      I thought I wouldn't find anything to help get rid of the cramps (besides wine, but I couldn't drink that while out, of course), because I tried everything from ibuprofen to midol and even heating pads. Then a nurse I know recommended calcium supplements to me.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
                      • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
                      • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
                      • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
                      • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
                      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
                      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
                        he's at higher risk
                        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
                      Working...
                      X