Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No period for 5 months!??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• No period for 5 months!??

Hi everyone, I am new to this message board, but was hoping for some insight on what's been going on with me. Brief background.... I am 21 years old, 5'4", approx. 120 lbs. I have always had irregular periods. I am very active... more than the average person, but not enough to cause missed periods.

So, as I said, my periods have always been irregular, but the longest I've gone without one is just at the 3 month mark. However, now I am at 4 1/2 - nearly 5 months with no period and am not pregnant. I went to the doctor, she did a pelvic exam and ran blood. Everything came back fine except my hormone levels were a bit low. She prescribed Progesterone/(prometrium) and told me to take it for 7 days and I should get a period. However, now I have been off it for 7 days and still no period. Though I do have every other symptom I normally get... cramps, sore lower back, enlarged and tender breasts....but not bleeding! I have had these symptoms for 2 weeks, and cramps on and off the past 5 months.

In addition, since going off the Progesterone, I am experiencing what I am convinced are hot flashes...from someone who is ALWAYS cold, I am breaking out into sweats and feeling like I am trapped in an oven multiple spurts throughout the days. My doctor referred me to a gynecologist to take it from here, but I have to wait another two weeks.

Anyone experienced anything like this or have any clue as to what could be going om with my body?? It's really starting to concern me.

Thanks so much in advance!

• How is your diet?
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I had a similar problem but just without the hot flashes. My doctors eventually sent me to an endocrinologist that told me my hormones were out of balance and that was what was causing me to have no period. Especially my prolactin levels were way too high. If this is the case, your breasts will leak milk even though you are not pregnant or nursing. I don't have any kids, haven't ever been pregnant. Your problem sounds like it has something to do with your estrogen maybe? Please don't take it as me prescribing anything, I am not a doctor and I don't know much about you, other than what you have shared, but if you google natural ways to get your period back (as I did) and just try to read through everything with an open mind you might find something that may work for you... But please before trying anything, consult your doctor first.

Hope you can resolve whatever is going on with you.
      I am a married woman and I firmly believe in God and Jesus is my Savior.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

Yesterday, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
      • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
        he's at higher risk
        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X