Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadly period cramps??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Deadly period cramps??

As the title says, every period is a nightmare to me. The cramps are sooo painful that I have to curl up in my bed and miss classes and appointments every month. I'm only 18 and still a virgin but I do masturbate sometimes (non-penetrative).

I have tried going to the doc and they just prescribed me painkillers and mini-pills. I've had an ultrasound done and they said i have no problems with my privates. I've been taking painkillers only since I heard I can gain weight from taking pills. But painkillers really hurt my stomach >.<

Anyone with a similar experience? Please share any tips!! Thanks.

• Aww you poor love. I luckily only have the odd very painful crampy episodes with my cycle. I've been told that hit water bottles to the belly and Tylenol help. Make sure you take painkillers with or after food to minimise the effect in your stomach.
    Although some women gain weight on progestin only pills, some lose weight. So I wouldn't stop taking it for that reason. They can take a few months to settle down once you start a minipill, so as you've already been given a clean bill of health for your lady parts, the minipill is worth a good shot.

I also heard that Masterbating helps releive the cramping ( on the few occasions I tested this theory it worked).
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll try the minipill

As for masturbation, I have heard that theory too. But for me, I feel like the cramps are worse if I masturbated more frequently the week before my period :/

Comment

• Hey HaruMeow this may help you that i found something on line that may help you. On other thing my mother used to get a heating pad and put in on her stomach along with drinking lots of water then you normally do.This used to give her some relief with this problem.I hope what i found helps you out it looks like most expert says masturbating will help with your bad cramps during your periods good luck.

NO, it is not bad. Some women feel like masturbating and sex while on their period, others do not. Many women say that having an orgasm eases cramps. Orgasm does increase the blood flow to the uterine muscle and may make it expel the blood quicker, but the best part that orgasms give up such relaxation and good feelings, that tolerating the discomfort of menstruation is easier.

This is what Planned Parenthood says on this subject:

It is safe and healthy for a girl to masturbate when she has her period. Some women masturbate especially during menstruation to relieve menstrual cramps.

If a woman is using a tampon, she should remove it before insertive masturbation. Otherwise the tampon and its string could get pushed up too deep in the vagina for the woman to get it out herself.

Many women report that their patterns of sexual desire are different at different times in their cycles. Sometimes a woman is more easily aroused than at other times. Some women experience increased desire at menstruation, right after menstruation, or at ovulation.

The causes for these patterns of sexual desire are not clearly understood. We know that levels of the hormone testosterone play a role in sexual desire in both women and men. But we also know that psychological and emotional factors are very important.

All we know for sure is that the pattern of sexual desire is different for different women. It's another good example of how being different is normal.
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• I had that problem also, but then a nurse I know recommended taking calcium supplements every day. You need to make sure you're strict with taking them every day, though, and you need to let them build up in your body in order to have results.

I tried everything for my cramps before, from ibuprofen to heating pads and even Midol. One thing I learned recently is that it helps if you start taking the Ibuprofen a few days before your period actually starts. Wine also helps a lot.

I really hope your cramps get better .

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
          • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
          • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
          • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
          • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
          • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
          • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
            he's at higher risk
            his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
          Working...
          X