Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cycle is completely off, and I'm experiencing strange symptoms! Please help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Cycle is completely off, and I'm experiencing strange symptoms! Please help!

Hi there!
    I'm super new to this forum, and just joined.
    I'm reaching out here, in hopes of finding some answers to the issues I'm having with my menses currently.
    Since I first started my period, I've been irregular. I usually have a period maybe once every 3 months or so. I've seen an OBGYN about this issue, but she doesn't seem concerned it's a serious problem, and didn't investigate further.
    It's impossible for me to time my periods because of the irregularity, but it's been about 3 and a half months without one. I've been having extreme breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, severe bloating, so naturally I took a pregnancy test ( well, 3 to be exact) and all were negative. These symptoms have been lasting about 3 weeks now, and no period has resulted. I've developed some moderate pelvic pain in addition to the above symptoms, which is kind of radiating into my lower back.
    I've had one ovarian cyst, about a year ago, the size of an orange, but it was perfectly benign, and I was told it wasn't too uncommon and it healed up on it's own.
    I'm curious to know if perhaps another cyst could be forming? Would that kind of thing cause any of the other symptoms coming a long with it? Could it be delaying my menses? I've scheduled an appointment with my OBGYN, but she's booked out almost two months. Any advice on how to move forward would be so appreciated.
    I'm sort of wondering if this is a pressing matter which might warrant more prompt medical attention, due to the pain and persistence of symptoms.
    I'm not currently taking any method of birth control, nor any prescription medications which might affect my cycle.
    Thanks so much for your time!

• Hi, I just joined the site yesterday. I have problems with my cycle that stem from a hormonal imbalance. I don't really know anything about your situation but I would try to get in to see a doctor as soon as you can because of the pain it is causing you. I hope you can find out what is causing it. Hope you get better.
    I am a married woman and I firmly believe in God and Jesus is my Savior.

Comment

• It's probably not a serious problem. Further cysts could be developing and you may have a disorder that needs treatment but not emergency treatment or it could just be your hormones haven't sorted themselves out yet. Lots of things can also have an affect. Just stressing about being pregnant can make your period late a little. If the pain requires repeated use of over the counter pain meds then I would see if you have an urgent care facility or a general practitioner that can help you get some tests done sooner. Planned parenthood is also an option for quicker testing and treatment but they do cut corners since they are trying to keep things cheap or free for people who need it. They did get me in to an ultrasound within days and made a follow up appointment quickly with a more experienced doctor.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
      • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
      • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
      • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
        he's at higher risk
        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X