Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appendix or Ovary Pain?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Appendix or Ovary Pain?

I have what I describe as ovary pain on my lower ride side, underneath my hip bone. I've had the pain on and off throughout the month and during my period (my usual ovary pain is finished and I can still feel this pain - I'm just not 100% sure it's my ovary)

The doctor run blood tests and I had an ultra sound done but apparently my ovaries are fine - no cysts or polycystic ovaries. Bloods showed no sign of an infection or high protein which would suggest appendix problems.

The doctor had no more tests to
    run and no other options.

The pain is still there and more frequent. Have any other ladies out their had anything similar?

• Hello Shannon!

As a matter of fact I do experience similar discomfort only mine is a bit more advanced now.

I have been having similar pains for nearly 5 moths now. First it has started with similar pulling pain (or whatever pain it was, it was quite unusual and very unpleasant), which I felt even in my right thigh. I first thought it might be my ovary or first signs of appendix (like you). Since the pain was not constant but occasional, I excluded appendix and decided to monitor it first. I went off my pill in December last year so I thought my body is just adjusting (and my female organs first of all).

The pain got worse only last month though. Now it has a stabbing instead of a weird or pulling character. And I experienced a terrible Mittelschmerz for the first time in my life (ovulation pain). I should probably mention (don’t know if you experience it too) that all of a sudden after 3 month that I’ve dropped my pill I became totally “dry” (I had no lubricant and any vaginal discharge whatsoever: an extremely unusual and scary feeling). My period is very weak now (almost no bleeding and it goes for 2 days only). Moreover I put on 8 pounds in just 1 month now without a change in my regular diet. So I went to see my GP in May and the Gynecologist. Since I did not have all these symptoms I have now but only some pain in my right low abdomen like you now both doctors thought that I am just imagining things so they wouldn’t even test me.

This time I am changing my GP and the Gyno and would like to go for some checks (next couple of weeks). I have a feeling it might be a cyst or my ascending colon. Now I can even see some type of a lump on my right low tummy side, which I never had before… I am still positive and hope it is nothing that terrible. Though I know that cysts can develop as a result of a hormonal imbalance and then dissolve later. Colon is something totally different…

As to your case- try to check your colon or wait a bit to see how it develops and then go to the Gyno again. But don’t wait too long like me. Get well soon!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

Yesterday, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
    • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X