Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Menstrual Cycle

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Strange Menstrual Cycle

Hi! I know there is probably an other thread similar to this one that I am currently typing, however, I am just not in the mood to search through all of them to find it! Yes I am a bit lazy today...
    So Ill start of by saying that I am only 20 years old, therefore, should not be going through menopause. I would rather go to a doctor for answers, unfortunately, I do not currently have any kind of insurance and dont have the money to pay for a doctor visit..
    It all started about 5 months ago, my periods started coming late. First it was just a week or two, than about 3 months ago, I missed a whole cycle. I took quite a few home pregnancy tests at the time, and received a mixture of negative results and invalid results. As well as being late, my periods were getting lighter with every cycle. Im not stressed about anything, even pregnancy. I am in a very healthy relationship with a man I have been with for 6 years.
    But this month has definitely caught my attention.. For the first time in months, my period came right when it was supposed to. But I have not been experiencing any cramping or headaches like I normally do. On top of that, I was spotting very lightly for the first 3-4 days. Come the 4th day, it got a little heavier but was still very light. The color and texture is also different. I normally have a dark colored blood with some clots, but this time it is a very light color and seems to be very watery. My periods normally last 4-5 days, but I have been experiencing this spotting for about 8 days now.
    I have been reading a little about all this here on the internet, but havent been able to find anything that matches up with my symptoms. I have found that most woman experiencing the light and watery cycles are either pregnant or have an infection.. Does anyone have any other information that may be helpful? Thank you for your time, and your help...

• Though no one has been able to give me any kind of advice, I feel the need to at least share what I have..
    I took a few HPTs, one last night and one this morning. They both have come up negative, so perhaps I my stress levels are higher than i originally thought. But Im thankful that what ever bleeding I was experiencing is now gone. I guess I wont worry too much until next month!

Comment

• I have a similar problem. Last month my period was a week late. But the weird thing was that a week my period was due my v was very itchy & sore. Then the Saturday I was supposed to start bleeding I was having a weird discharge. I assumed it was a yeast infection. Then a few days later little spots of very brown blood was coming out, very lightly. Then I thought I had a uti, I was having symptoms. So my doctor gave me pills for that. The next Saturday my period came.
      But again my period is a week late this month and I noticed more of the yeast like discharge.
      I don't know if I have an infection or what the problem is, but at least I know I'm not alone. If you find out anything about what it could be I would appreciate hearing from you.
      Good luck.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
      • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
        he's at higher risk
        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X