Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

almost non existent cycle

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• almost non existent cycle

I know being a woman of 25 i should know more about my cycle, but i do not. I have gone almost 8 months without a period, i am overweight but I'm actually losing weight, yay, but still no period. The only sign I've had that i normally get a day or two before my period starts is a really bad migraine sometimes to the point of hospitalization. Well, I've had a migraine everyday for the past week and still no period, also for the past week I've noticed i have a lot of milky white discharge. I guess if it's possible to get pregnant when you haven't had your period in so long that i might be, i took two tests in July, one was a faint positive so i took one a week later and it was negative. Anyway, I'm at a loss... before i had my daughter i had my period like clock work every 3 months(i know still bad, but normal for me), since I've had her i can count on one hand how many natural periods I've had(2) and she is 4. I would go to the doctor, but i don't have insurance yet. I know one thing that is probably contributing to it is the stress from college and trying to maintain my 4.0 GPA. I guess my question is, has any one else gone through this and if so what worked for you?

• I think you should get your hormones checked out. Stress and weight changes can affect cycles but 8 months is a long hiatus. I'm not an expert but you might be lacking in estrogen, which means your bone density might be suboptimal. Check if you have any other symptoms of estrogen deficiency.
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

Yesterday, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
    • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X