Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy heavy Cycle... when should I worry? Please help?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Heavy heavy Cycle... when should I worry? Please help?

This is my first time on here, thank you for helping in advance. Tuesday and Wednesday it looked like I was going to start with very slight spotting but nothing to really use anything more than a liner. Thursday evening started FULL FORCE.. soaking a Puper PLUS tampon every 30-45 min. Here it is Friday lunchtime and it still has not let up. Also containing many many clots (all sizes) I'm freaking out... when should I worry? Please help me... thank you!!!

• Do you feel dizzy from blood lose? If so, be worried. If you continue to lose blood like you say, I would go to the doctor. I think going through a pad every 1-2 hours is OK, heavy, but OK. Also, remember, the actual amount of blood lose if very little. It just looks like a lot when soaked into a tampon or pad.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I used to soak through a heavy tampon and a heavy pad every 30-60mins for 2 or 3 days. I was so glad to get birth control. I could hardly go to school on my period. More than once I had to go home because my pants were covered in blood. It's not really abnormal especially when younger. Your body may sort it out over time. Exercise during the rest of your cycle can also help lessen your period. Some women who work out a lot don't even have periods but that's on the extreme end.

For now drink plenty of fluids, you might consider a multivitamin for the lost iron, and so long as you feel ok and it stops soon it should be fine. If you don't feel good and the bleeding doesn't lessen after a couple days then you need to see a doctor.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
      • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
        he's at higher risk
        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X