Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular periods at 48

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Regular periods at 48

I used to dread the idea of 'the change' and now I'm wondering when it will happen. I turned 48 a month ago and I still have regular periods. I had a baby at 45 so that was a shocker. I guess I should be happy that I'm aging slowly.

• I'm 42 rachel, and I think I may already be in pre-menopause. I am due for my regular checkup & will discuss it then, but I'm not too worried about it. My Mom had a horrible phase, but she got through it with really no lasting hot flashes or hormonal problems. I don't dread it, and you shouldn't either. I view it as a rite of passage, a natural process & progression to another new phase of life. And just like many of those new phases, they come after a bit of struggle You'll be fine!

Comment

• I can't help, I had a hysterectomy at age 35, but they did leave my ovaries so I went through menopause at a later period of time. I think I had 3 hot flashes and it was over, however lately I've been having flashes periodically. My physician said they could last the rest of my life.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I was reading up and Caucasian women, on average, reach menopause at 51.5. Hispanic and African-American women reach menopause a little earlier, and Chinese and Japanese women a little later. So it doesn't sound like you have even reached the average point yet. But the number one influencer is when you mom went through menopause. Do you know when that was?
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Also, there is a correlation to the onset of your periods. If you started your periods at a younger age the probability of menopause occurring later is quite high. I'd have to dig through my medical books to find the exact quotation, but this is what I remember from oh so long ago.
          That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Rachel, I'm in the same boat as you. I will turn 49 next month, and I'm still menstruating every 27 days. Every month I joke with my husband about wishing menopause would happen. I'm just tired of having a cycle, especially since the second day of my period is always horribly heavy. But I guess we just have to ride things out until "the change" comes our way.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
            • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
            • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
            • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
              he's at higher risk
              his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
            Working...
            X