Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacterial Vaginosis(BV)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bacterial Vaginosis(BV)

I need help! Im 18 soon to be 19, I have had BV for some months now. At first I didn't know what it was untill i started doing some researching. I am so tired of it! The discharge and the smell.. I'm really embarrassed by it. I tried finding ways to get rid of it but nothing works. I was thinking about usen the Hydrogen Peroxide with water method or drinking water with baking soda, but i am not sure if it is safe to do and if they actually work.. So please, any help will help me at this point.. and if anyone has tried the two methods i named and it has work please let me know. Im so ready to get rid of this.
    Last edited by Little; 09-29-2014, 10:20 AM.

• Have you seen a doctor? They will make sure it's BV and not a yeast infection and should give you antibiotics. Shoving drying and damaging materials in there is not going to help. Have you taken probiotics? Ate lots of yogurt and acidophilus or equivalent capsules? The vagina is made to fight bacteria so you need to get it healthy not damage it more. You need to boost good bacteria levels, get the tissue in good health, and maintain an acidic environment. Make sure when you use the toilet you are wiping front to back or you could push bacteria in to the vagina. Baking soda is an alkaline. I would try something acidic like some apple cider vinegar. The good little unfiltered bottles and not the giant bottles of regular vinegar with flavoring.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

Yesterday, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
    • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X