Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21 days of bleeding, 15 days between?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 21 days of bleeding, 15 days between?

Hi everyone, I'm a new member desperate for answers to this problem. I have seen a doctor already who has not been of much help so I am in the process of changing doctors, but financial constraints are making it difficult. I'm 26 and began menstruating at 10.

This January my periods changed after being regular for years, as long as I can remember (even after stopping birth control). I was on accutane at the time and attributed it to that (I realize its not an official side effect). They slowly got longer and by May they had stretched from 5 to 10 days. My gyno told me at my annual physical in May that she wasn't sure why it was happening and that it was just heavy spotting adding the days. I disagreed with her spotting claim because I needed tampons on all days, but I was about to start a new birth control and hoped that would take care of it.

I got a Nexplanon/Implanon implanted June 2 and 10 days later I got my period which lasted for 2.5 weeks. Long story short, since June I have bled for ~21 days with ~15 days between each period.

My last period started September 4. On September 15 I went to the doctor asking to have my nexplanon implant taken out, as prolonged bleeding is a recognized side effect, but instead she gave me 100mg progesterone/day. My period got heavier for several days after starting it and finally ended September 26. I also suspected a severe vitamin D deficiency to be a contributing factor (blood tests in May showed I was severely deficient) and began supplementing that on September 29 (50,000 IU once/week, 2000 IU 6 days a week.)

My last period stopped September 26 and my period returned October 14.

I'm at my wits end. My doctor has been no help and looks clueless every time I show up asking for help. I'm desperate to fix this situation. What is wrong with me?

• I thought the Vit D deficiency had something to do, tho you could really go out in the sun more (I dont know from where you are, you see). Some situations were remedied greatly by exposure to sun, but honest i cannot say much abt the BC side effects. Looks like you may have need of someone else to check you out, say some holistic or naturopath practitioners? Just what am thinking, but hope that helps.
    Oops! then i see youre from Texas=)

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

Still, I have an opinion that it could go either way here. I think sometimes that things will never be the same, then I think that we'll all just go back...

Today, 05:00 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Thanks Still. I'll have to give that a try when the corn is best later this summer.

Today, 04:30 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to will things ever get back to normal again?

When were they ever normal? In my experience, life is a war. The moments when things are going relatively well are just brief breaks in the ongoing stream...

Today, 01:13 AM By Stillness
    • Reply to Pressure cooker recipes

Yes. I use an instant pot.

The last thing I made was corn on the cob.

Ingredients: Shucked corn

Directions: Place...

Today, 12:21 AM By Stillness
    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X