• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried about the length of my period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about the length of my period

Hello,

I have bad health anxiety so I worry a lot about what's going on with my body. Especially when it comes to my period.

In December I had my period around the 12th, it was super painful and I even had to stay home from work. I just took it as a bad period. However, two weeks after I noticed I was bleeding moderately for about a day. (I bleed sometimes during ovulation) This didn't worry me too much but I still had the thought in the back of my mind. After that day maybe around 6 days later I woke up and I noticed that there was some blood on my pj pants but that was about it.

The day before New Year's Eve my boyfriend and I decided to take a break. And for about two weeks I was under extreme stress and depression because of this. My period was late, but as expected because I was stressed. The week that it was late my boyfriend and I had sex and I started bleeding, I know sometimes sex can cause your period to come if it's around that time but this only lasted one day.

Then last week in Jan 19th, I started to get aloft period cramps and I thought my period was starting because sometimes at the beginning I get some brown blood, this brown blood with sometimes a mix of red blood, lasted from the 19th, to until about the 25th. I thought it was just a light period as I barely had any cramps. Then on Thursday the 26th I started to get a moderate amount of bright red blood, it feels heavy but when I check my tampon or pad it's not that filled. Today it was moderate once again and I only had to change my pad twice and they weren't even that full. I have a bit of clotting, but I'm not cramping that bad. The blood is a dark red.

Im just so worried that my period won't stop or something because I feel like I've been on it for so long. Could it just have been a very slow start and now it's normal? Could it be hormone related? Or stress? I'm low in iron but take iron pills daily. I just hope it doesn't do anything to that. I THINK this has happened once before a couple years back. I'm just so nervous that it won't stop...my friend one time had her period for 3 months.

What are you doing for birth control? The hormones in some forms of birth control can cause similar symptoms in some cases.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I'm actually not on any birth control at the moment

Comment

Could be a cyst. Sometimes (most of the time) cysts take care of themselves and go away, but sometimes they don't. Have you taken pregnancy tests just to rule that out completely? I'd probably make an apt with my OB just for good measure and to relieve my mind, if I were you.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Hello Beautiful Disaster,

Thank you for your response! It will be a week Thursday since the "heavier" flow started. Since about Saturday, my flow has been very light. So I assumed it was going away soon, however it's still here and it's Tuesday.

i haven't taken a pregnancy test I didn't think that could be a possibility since I had my period. Is it normal for it to last this long? It's probably been a week and a couple days now since it al started.

Comment

It's not good news. And it can be for the different reasons. First of all U can read this article and I hope, you will find answer for your question.
            Last edited by jns; 03-14-2017, 11:12 PM. Reason: Outside links are not allowed.

Comment

Working...
            X