• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did your periods change with age?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your periods change with age?

It seems like my periods the past year have been heavier, thicker, and even a little longer. I suppose our hormone levels change with age. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced any menstrual cycle changes with age?
    "Be what you're looking for."

don't want to alarm you, but someone I know their periods were getting longer and heavier almost to the point of no relief
    they went to Dr and found precancerous cells needing to be treated

Comment

yeah! they're stopping! lol

After the huge hormonal issues and changes with the illness, I have 4 more months until I can officially say I'm in menopause. Thought I'd be happy about that...but somehow I am just not.

I suspect your changes are due to stress BD. Discuss it with your doc when you go in for your next exam, and if you aren't due soon, make an appointment and check things out.

Comment

I'm due for my annual exam soon. What I'm experiencing so far is nothing so out of the ordinary that it's alarming. They are just slight changes I've noticed and have heard people say their periods changed in their thirties. I suppose because I'm on the "downhill" side of my reproductive years.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

yep... they've stopped haha .......... although I never had heavy periods, mine were very light, lasted max 2 days and didn't have them every month.
          I went through an early menopause so have been free of them for some years...... Hallelujah!! i say..... hated them.. sooo inconvenient!
          I hope yours sort themselves out soon

Comment

Working...
          X