• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period advice... is this just me??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period advice... is this just me??

So, i have had pretty irrgular periods throughout my life and from ages 17-20 i never really had periods at all.
    i am now experiancing the weirdest periods ever, i keep coming on regularly every month but am bleeding for like 3 weeks?
    ive been to the doctor and they did a blood test on me and nothing came back... has anyone else had this happen to them?
    im currently in a relationship and the constant bleeding is really starting to affect our sex life, is there anything i can do to subside the bleeding?

Are you on birth control?

Are your 3 week periods heavy / regular / or more like light spotting?

I'm curious about uterine fibroids or cysts, or even ovarian cysts. I don't think those things would show up on a blood test. I believe you need a full exam, including an ultrasound of your ovaries and uterus.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

What else did they do besides a blood test?
      And what kind of blood test did they run? In other words, what were they testing your blood for?

If not already, you do need a workup on this, much more than a blood test. If your current doc isn't being aggressive or taking you seriously, see another doc.
      How long has this been going on? And how old are you now?

Comment

Working...
      X