• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abnormal object found while menstrating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abnormal object found while menstrating?

Hey there,
    I'm kinda new at this and I hope I'm doing everything right and I hope I get some sort of advice. I also hope this isn't too gross? I've been to my local planned parenthood (about a month ago) and just started taking birth control for the first time ever (I'm 17 years old, female, and I've only been sexually active since mid April) I was prescribed Aubra and I have taken every pill on time to this day. This week I started my sugar pills and I am having my period but it's a bit heavy and I'm concerned. Isn't birth control supposed to make it lighter? I also experienced something rather scary (at least to me) the first day I got my period. (I'm sorry if this is gross but I'm sure you've heard and seen worse ) I went to the bathroom as soon as I woke up since I could feel I had gotten my period during the night. I looked down in my underwear and saw some blood and something odd. It was a grey blob covered in blood about 3 inches in length. It seemed rather fleshy and organ-like which, of course, freaked me out since I've never had anything like that ever happen to me. I quickly cleaned myself up and felt myself getting light headed and had to lay on the bathroom floor for a bit to recollect myself. I have no idea what that was. The night before I had some cramping (which isn't abnormal for me) but I still have no idea what that was. I hope someone can provide me with some answers. Is it an odd side effect? A piece of my uterus wall? Or something more serious? Thank you

There often is a buildup of mucus that is expelled along with the menstrual blood. If you were sexually active just prior to your period it also could contain old semen as well. I really wouldn't worry about it, I believe it's quite normal. Some months you may notice more or less of this.

Comment

Claret It seemed more organ or flesh like than mucous in my opinion. I have also never had sex without using a condom so left over semen doesn't seem like the case. I haven't had any other scares since the day the object came out and I'm just bleeding regularly now but I still haven't found any answers

Comment

Is it possible that you had a miscarriage? Were you tested for pregnancy when you were started on birth control? Still, pregnancy testing is not 100% nor are birth control methods 100%.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Could it just have been a blood clot? These are extremely common.

Comment

Apart from the colour, it sounds very like a blood clot to me. Perhaps some mucus happened to get stuck together with a clot and form that. It's been known to happen, & they sort of solidify a little so they look more rubbery and fleshy than one might expect mucus to look.

Comment

Working...
            X