• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed uterine polyp!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed uterine polyp!!!

Ok so I did it! I had the Saline ultrasound on November 9th. I felt so stupid after for freaking out. I really only felt the initial poke of the catheter and that didn't even hurt. It just felt weird like pop feeling in my pelvis that surprised me cause wasn't expecting it. I had to even ask if they were injecting the saline, I felt nothing.

After I was done I asked if the doctor could give me an idea what they saw. She said my tubes and ovaries are clear so if I wanted to try and concieve I shouldn't really have a problem. I do have a small endometrial polyp on thick part of my lining, nothing to worry about. I MAY have trouble concieving but it is up to me if I want surgery or not.

Now I'm stuck with decision of surgery.. Well its more of a procedure and I hate it. I don't want to be sedated or put to sleep. I wish it would just disappear. I heard that small ones usually do over time. At the same time I don't know if I should leave it, I know cancer is rare since I'm premenopausal but I also read online anyone with family history of stomach cancers or gynecological cancers should have polyps removed. My family has history of stomach cancer and my aunt had abnormal PAP smears. So does that put me at a higher risk of my polyp turning into cancer? I have cousins and a great aunt with many polyps and never had them removed for years, had no problems. Except now my great aunt is in her late 60's and my mom said she is only having to treat her polyps now cause she's post menopausal and she's bleeding.

Ughh thank god I only got one small polyp. Has anyone had a small polyp that disappeared? I had mine for at least 4 months that I know of.

I got an appointment with my doctor to get his opinion next week. Hopefully I can get some closure and not think about this anymore. I hate having anything wrong with me.

Comment

Best wishes on whichever decision you make. I'm glad that your saline ultrasound went so well.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Thanks for the update!
        I'm glad it was better than anticipated, and the news wasn't bad. I hope your doctor can help you make the best decision for you.

Comment

Working...
        X