Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown Discharge instead of period - 2 Negative Pregnancy tests

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Brown Discharge instead of period - 2 Negative Pregnancy tests

Hi,

I have had an IUD since August and my period is supposed to come someday this week but I've been having nothing but brown discharge and cramps for the past 2-3 days as if I am on my period, during the second day there was some bright red blood when I wiped but then it went away. I have also been spotting earlier this month. I took two at home pregnancy tests and both came back negative so I'm not sure what is going on. My last period was also brownish/black with one day of blood. What can it be?

Thanks!

• Sounds like hormonal fluctuations, likely resulting from your birth control. Is your IUD hormonal or copper?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
      Sounds like hormonal fluctuations, likely resulting from your birth control. Is your IUD hormonal or copper?
      Hi, Thank you so much! I have the Mirena so a hormonal IUD

Comment

• Hi, it‘s nothing to worry about but are you trying to conceive. It can be hormonal imbalances that are occurring in your body. It can be due to any stress or just any other cause. Do you experience irregular spotting throughout the month or is it just the period days. I would really suggest you to consult your OBGN in this situation because it can be internal clots or internal bleeding. I hope you remain in the best of your health.

Comment

• Originally posted by axo View Post
          Hi,

I have had an IUD since August and my period is supposed to come someday this week but I've been having nothing but brown discharge and cramps for the past 2-3 days as if I am on my period, during the second day there was some bright red blood when I wiped but then it went away. I have also been spotting earlier this month. I took two at home pregnancy tests and both came back negative so I'm not sure what is going on. My last period was also brownish/black with one day of blood. What can it be?

Thanks!
          If you have IUD then you may not be pregnant. It may be due to hormonal changes or any other health conditions but if symptoms pregnancy like cramps are bothering you then I'd suggest you to have another pregnancy test. Make sure you test it properly. will guide on how to use it. It is very important because most of the people don't know how to use pregnancy kit. This leads to false results. Note that it is always better to do pregnancy test with first urine of the day because it contains maximum human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). If you are still unsatisfied do a blood test or visit doctor.
          Last edited by jns; 02-27-2018, 05:19 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• Hopefully someone can help ease my curiousity so, here's my story... My fiance' & I have been ttc since January of this year. I was scheduled to get my mentrual on 3/1/11 but it didnt come and I have always gotten my periods on time since the very 1st time ive gotten my period. Before my missed period I had some pregnancy symptoms like food turn-ons & turn-offs, nausea, mood swings, bloating, & ive gained some weight.for more information please visit this site https://www.momycenter.com/white-discharge-period-types-white-discharge/.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X