Women’s Health Interactive Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of pregnancy from sex during period?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Chances of pregnancy from sex during period?

My bf and I had sex today on the second day of my period. He told me he 'came inside' a little bit. The thing is, i would've gotten the morning-after pill if only it were available in my country, and my regular pill that the doctor prescribed (Nordette) was recently phased out. Is there a high chance of me getting pregnant on the second day of a 4-5 day period? I usually ovulate around 6 days after my period.

• I would say that it is unlikely, but some questions need to be answered first. Have you had irregular periods? How do you know when you ovulate? In ideal conditions, sperm will live for 5 days in a woman's uterus so the question is if you could possibly ovulate on the sixth or seventh day from the start of your period.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• My periods are very regular, I haven't missed any in the past few months/year. I also monitor my periods monthly with a fertility application, i think it estimates when I'm supposed to ovulate or something. The app tells me I'll be fertile 7-8 days after today and will be ovulating 11 days from now. Is this reliable?

Comment

• It may be reliable in most cases, but unusual cases are not extremely rare. Claret , atskitty2 , Beautiful Disaster comments?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Anytime you have sex, even with preventive measures, it's possible to get pregnant.
          In this scenario, it's not likely that you would get pregnant, but it isn't impossible either.

If pregnancy is not what you want right now, I suggest using condoms every time, start to finish. Or using another form of birth control, or combining methods.
          Do some additional studying about your reproductive health and you can learn a lot about what is happening with your body, and when. You may know a lot already, but it's fun to read about and there's always more to know.

Additionally, I'd like to say a word about being strong and firm with what you allow anyone to do with YOUR body. If you are interested in having sex, but not without condoms, you have the strength to be firm with that rule, and make him stick to the rule. This is your body, and what you want should be respected. Guys can be convincing and even manipulative, and you need to protect yourself. If you say not without condoms, make him wear one, start to end.
          Good luck Hon.

Comment

• The likely-hood of pregnancy is small however, there always is the chance of double ovulation, or ovulation more than once in a month. Actual conception takes place in the falopian tubes, then the zygot travels down the tubes into the uterus for implantation. When you are on your period the muscles of the uterus are working to expel the menstrual blood which is against the direction the sperm needs to travel for conception.

However slight the probability, you need to take charge o your own body. Don't assume because you didn't get pregnant this time that it wouldn't happen next time.

Comment

• There might be a chance. I can't just declare it here. It's really bad if I say so. The reason is that it's not so bad. So what he came inside a little bit. It's you two doing things that you loved. Don't worry. As you are saying you usually ovulate 2nd day. So if you were and you are on your pill as well. Than there might be chance of getting pregnant. On that basis I am saying. Why are you worried. Are you not ready. Don't you want to become a mother. Every women wants to become a mother. don't worry everything will be fine. If you don't want it than you can do abortion. Just let it be how it is. Take care allot dear. Best of luck.

Comment

• phoebe412, not every woman wants to get pregnant. Not every woman should get pregnant. Not every pregnancy that isn't wanted should be aborted. I think your statements to be ill advised to this young woman. Please consider the real message you are giving her.

Comment

• Pheobe412, I don't want to be pregnant.
                  I wouldn't have an abortion either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheobe412 View Post
                    Just let it be how it is.
                    I know so many people who have had unplanned pregnancies
                    some because they thought they were too old to get pregnant anymore "over 40 pregnancies"
                    others who didn't use birth control that ONE time and thought I won't get pregnant

Comment

• Hey. I'm new to this site. I really liked him, and I want to participate in it. In this matter, I will answer "Yes". Many people think that if a girl has sex during her period, she can not become pregnant. But a girl can get pregnant while she has a bleeding. This can happen for several reasons:
                      Not all vaginal bleeding is a menstrual period. Sometimes a girl will have a small amount of vaginal bleeding during ovulation - the time when she is most fertile. Girls who ovulate sometimes have some vaginal bleeding that can be mistaken for a period.
                      Sometimes ovulation can occur before the bleeding from the girl's period stops or a few days after the end. All girls can ovulate at different points from cycle to cycle, which makes it impossible for a girl to know exactly when she is most fertile. Because sperm can fertilize the egg within 72 hours (3 days) after ejaculation, sex during the girl's period is risky. The egg is only available about 12-24 hours for conception after ovulation. After the egg has been released, progesterone begins to grow, which is a signal to your ovaries, and this month they do not need to release more eggs. Your cervical mucus will dry and create a fork to prevent the penetration of additional sperm into the uterus.
                      Having unprotected sex at any time is risky: along with the possibility of getting pregnant, you can also get a sexually transmitted disease, such as chlamydia, genital warts or HIV.
                      If you have sex, use a condom each time to protect yourself from an unplanned pregnancy. And talk with your doctor about other types of birth control.
                      So, the short answer is yes, there is the possibility of getting pregnant during your period, although very low probability of it. Because the body of every woman and, therefore, the cycle is very different, the chances of conception can be different.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Acne

Acne, Pimples is a very common issue. Due to hormone changes, medical condition, fast food are the reasons for acne. Use natural products for acne. Avoid...

Today, 03:03 AM By asrhairtransplant
                      • Reply to Accepting Who You Are

P&C, very good words.
                        I believe that getting out of the comfort zone is the best way to express yourself and your potential.
                        I met a lot...

Yesterday, 09:19 AM By HughFennell
                      • Hi all!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie as you could’ve guessed!

My name is Elvy. I am 55 years old. And I have been struggling with...

Yesterday, 09:06 AM By Elvia Page
                      • Reply to The Road to Recovery

Hi and welcome!
                        I am new here myself. I have been struggling with infertility for the longest time. I have quit trying a while ago, and know due...

Yesterday, 08:56 AM By Elvia Page
                      • Reply to Next revolution(s)

Dude, not two minutes ago I worked out listening to MF Doom talking about taking over the world, then I come to this site and see your icon looking just...

Yesterday, 08:48 AM By Stillness

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Accepting Who You Are

I am coming to accept who I am as a person. I will always be quiet and reserved: that is who I am. And I can't change it. I will always be emotional and...

01-14-2019, 07:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Hi all!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie as you could’ve guessed!

My name is Elvy. I am 55 years old. And I have been struggling with...

Yesterday, 09:06 AM By Elvia Page
                      • Next revolution(s)

According to you, what will be the next revolution(s) ?...

Yesterday, 08:28 AM By Maximus
                      • Compatibility between keto diet and HIIT

Hi,
                        I have been trying to use keto diet, not overly strict, but first keeping my carb intake/day under control.
                        In doing so, this affected...

Yesterday, 08:34 AM By Maximus
                      • Yeast, bv or something else?

Hello ladies! I'm Dana- 31 years old, married, no kids and definitely not pregnant. It's my first time posting about anything like this... I'll try to...

01-22-2019, 11:12 PM By Little_flower
                      Working...
                      X