• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of pregnancy from sex during period?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances of pregnancy from sex during period?

My bf and I had sex today on the second day of my period. He told me he 'came inside' a little bit. The thing is, i would've gotten the morning-after pill if only it were available in my country, and my regular pill that the doctor prescribed (Nordette) was recently phased out. Is there a high chance of me getting pregnant on the second day of a 4-5 day period? I usually ovulate around 6 days after my period.

I would say that it is unlikely, but some questions need to be answered first. Have you had irregular periods? How do you know when you ovulate? In ideal conditions, sperm will live for 5 days in a woman's uterus so the question is if you could possibly ovulate on the sixth or seventh day from the start of your period.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

My periods are very regular, I haven't missed any in the past few months/year. I also monitor my periods monthly with a fertility application, i think it estimates when I'm supposed to ovulate or something. The app tells me I'll be fertile 7-8 days after today and will be ovulating 11 days from now. Is this reliable?

Comment

It may be reliable in most cases, but unusual cases are not extremely rare. Claret , atskitty2 , Beautiful Disaster comments?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Anytime you have sex, even with preventive measures, it's possible to get pregnant.
          In this scenario, it's not likely that you would get pregnant, but it isn't impossible either.

If pregnancy is not what you want right now, I suggest using condoms every time, start to finish. Or using another form of birth control, or combining methods.
          Do some additional studying about your reproductive health and you can learn a lot about what is happening with your body, and when. You may know a lot already, but it's fun to read about and there's always more to know.

Additionally, I'd like to say a word about being strong and firm with what you allow anyone to do with YOUR body. If you are interested in having sex, but not without condoms, you have the strength to be firm with that rule, and make him stick to the rule. This is your body, and what you want should be respected. Guys can be convincing and even manipulative, and you need to protect yourself. If you say not without condoms, make him wear one, start to end.
          Good luck Hon.

Comment

The likely-hood of pregnancy is small however, there always is the chance of double ovulation, or ovulation more than once in a month. Actual conception takes place in the falopian tubes, then the zygot travels down the tubes into the uterus for implantation. When you are on your period the muscles of the uterus are working to expel the menstrual blood which is against the direction the sperm needs to travel for conception.

However slight the probability, you need to take charge o your own body. Don't assume because you didn't get pregnant this time that it wouldn't happen next time.

Comment

There might be a chance. I can't just declare it here. It's really bad if I say so. The reason is that it's not so bad. So what he came inside a little bit. It's you two doing things that you loved. Don't worry. As you are saying you usually ovulate 2nd day. So if you were and you are on your pill as well. Than there might be chance of getting pregnant. On that basis I am saying. Why are you worried. Are you not ready. Don't you want to become a mother. Every women wants to become a mother. don't worry everything will be fine. If you don't want it than you can do abortion. Just let it be how it is. Take care allot dear. Best of luck.

Comment

phoebe412, not every woman wants to get pregnant. Not every woman should get pregnant. Not every pregnancy that isn't wanted should be aborted. I think your statements to be ill advised to this young woman. Please consider the real message you are giving her.

Comment

Pheobe412, I don't want to be pregnant.
                  I wouldn't have an abortion either.

Comment

Originally posted by pheobe412 View Post
                    Just let it be how it is.
                    I know so many people who have had unplanned pregnancies
                    some because they thought they were too old to get pregnant anymore "over 40 pregnancies"
                    others who didn't use birth control that ONE time and thought I won't get pregnant

Comment

Hey. I agree with everyone on this issue. The chances of getting pregnant in these different situations are different. Some of the situations noted above are better to try to understand than others, while one of the above is better for sex with less likelihood of becoming pregnant.

Can you get pregnant in your period?
                      The question of whether you can become pregnant for your period or not is probably the most common of the three situations noted above. The answer is yes and no. The likelihood is that you are not pregnant with sex during your period.

In addition to being more disorderly and less desirable, having sex during your period will most likely not lead to pregnancy. Most likely, your ovulation for a few days reduces the chances of conception during this time.

However, there are exceptions. The foregoing applies to women who have typical 28 to 30 days or more cycles. If you are one of those who have a shorter cycle, chances are that you could get pregnant during sex during your period.

Now you ask: "How does this happen?" If your cycle is shorter, for example, every 21-24 days, this means that you are ovulating earlier in the cycle. Sperm can live inside you for 2, 3 and up to 5 days. You could have sex until the end of the bleeding, and then actually get pregnant in 4 or 5 days with early ovulation.

The probability of getting pregnant during your period is low, but there is a possibility. This is not the time to have sex if you are trying to get pregnant.

You can become pregnant immediately after your period
                      Yes, you can get pregnant right after your period. You actually start moving into your fertility window. In a typical cycle that occurs every 28-30 days, the fertility window usually occurs between the 11th day and the afternoon 21. As noted above, sperm can live 2, 3 and up to 5 days. If your period (bleeding time) lasts from 5 to 7 days, and after that you have sex, you are approaching your birth.

If you stop bleeding on Day 6, have sex on the 7th day and ovulate on Day 11. Perhaps sperm from the 6th day will be waiting in your fallopian tubes for conception. Of course, your chances of conception immediately after your period increase every day after the hemorrhage stops. If you are trying to understand that now is the right time to start having sex. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X