Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help.. odd symptoms

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Please help.. odd symptoms

So I was sure exactly where to put this topic but hopefully this is ok. Before I go on, I need to mention that I have no health insurance and am currently homeless with only enough money to get food and gas to run my car. It swould not easy to get help around here from a doctor otherwise I would have done so already.

So about 2 months ago I started getting randomly nauseous while driving. At the same time this started happening, I noticed an odd, sharp pain that would linger in what feels likely cervix that would come on during sex or any orgasm. This is the first time I had ever felt this pain. Fast forward a month to the week of my period (my birth control causes me to have periods once every 3 months.) For the first time ever, I had a period that consisted of only dark brown discharge which mostly consisted of clotting. There was not even the slightest tinge of fresh blood. It lasted 3 days and then my “period” was over. A week later I started taking pregnancy tests repeatedly, all of which came out negative. It is many weeks later and I have had a stable body temperature of over 99 degrees, will get nauseous and sometimes vomit while driving or showering (any shower longer than 10 minutes will cause me to get sick) and am constantly tired and achy and depressed with off and on headaches. I get shaky and light headed very easily and feel a combination of nausea and the feeling as if I am going to pass out. I went to a planned parenthood to get another test done there (horrible, horrible experience for me due to very rude staff and protestors who harassed me on the way in and out) and still had a negative result. I’m so confused as to what is going on here. Can anybody give me any advice?

• Did you ask to get an appointment with the nurse or MD while at PP, to discuss this? Are they the prescribers of your birth control pills? How long have you been on the pills?
    Call the office that dispenses your pills and ask to speak with a nurse.

You can go to designated clinics for care, there are facilities in place for the homeless and underinsured in most communities. Most are compassionate and eager to help, except in situations where patients are abusing the kindness offered, and such exceptions.

I have to ask, if you're homeless, how are you accessing internet? You can use it to search for low cost or free medical options in your city and nearby towns.

Also, do you think it's wise to be having sex at all, in the condition you're in? How about if you do become pregnant, what then?
    Have you asked your sexual partner/partners to help with the cost of a medical exam?

Not to be harsh with you, but this seems terribly irresponsible behavior on your part. Whatever situation you find yourself in, you owe it to yourself to take care of your health. There's help if you need it.

What are you doing to improve your current plight?
    Best of luck to you.

Comment

• The birth control pills I have are in multiple packs left from when I had a primary care doctor before losing insurance after I moved to a new state. I did speak to a nurse at PP but she didn’t know what the issue was and referred me to multiple local Obgyns which I can’t see at this time due to money. I have been on these pills for just over 2 years now. I am using Mcdonald’s wifi and most cafes now have free wifi. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I was only just recently evicted too. My partner is disabled and unable to work and is in be middle of appealing a case for disability. Obviously I am sustaining from sex in the current situation as I feel like absolute hell. I am currently working with United Way and Salvation Army to get some help but they can only do so much. I am only homeless to begin with because I provide for my boyfriend of 9 years and his medical supplies aren’t cheap without insurance. Our apartment only gives you one day after rent is due to pay and at that point you are charged a $200 late fee. I am not being irresponsible in the slightest and am working my absolute hardest to fix things for myself and for my boyfriend. I lost both of my parents early last year and had no way of making things work where I was so considering that I went from paying for school and living at home to being homeless and having to find multiple jobs in order to find a new place to live with nothing to my name because of school I think I am doing the best I can. I simply want advice for my health, not a lecture about how “responsible” I am etc. Thanks.

Comment

• That was not a lecture.

There's really no solid answers that can be given for your symptoms, by people online. You need an exam and likely some procedures to determine the cause. You've spoken with a nurse who had no easy answers, and referred you on to get the help you need. If I could tell you it was endometriosis, or cysts, or cancer...any diagnosis, it still wouldn't provide you the needed treatment to get you any relief. So, it's essentially a futile effort to search for an answer online, when a nurse had no answers when you could have a discussion about your problems, face to face.
        You need a thorough exam and consult with a CNP or doc. That's the best thing for you, Dear.

It is irresponsible to be caring for and providing for (or trying to) someone else when you cannot take care of yourself. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it. I'm very sorry life has thrown you a curve ball the past year or so, but that doesn't change that you will be a better provider for your partner, when you take care of yourself. Pretty basic concept that we have to take care of ourselves in order to be able to help anyone else.
        If you think that's harsh, or lecturing, I'm ok with that. It's just the way it is, and I had to learn that the hard way myself. It may seem to you that you're doing a great thing by helping him/her, but at the expense of yourself? Not a healthy arrangement.

I'm glad you're seeking resources to help you get back on your feet, but there is only so much they can do. Most of the corporate medical offices will allow payment arrangements for service, given a patient has need and a good record of payment prior.

Best of luck. I hope the angencies available in your area can provide the help you need.

Comment

• Can you go back to your previous state and regain your health insurance? Did you move to a high cost state or one with limited free benefits?
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X