• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period problems- I'm getting frustrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period problems- I'm getting frustrated

Hello,

so I've been dealing with some really annoying period issues. I haven't had a regular period since June of 2017. I go a few months without one and then it comes and it's crazy heavy and then it'll disappear and then randomly start up again for maybe a day and disappear for a few hours and then randomly come back again. I've started wearing pads pretty much every day just because I'm not sure what's going to happen for that day. I can't have sex with my husband because it's so off the wall. I was on birth control in the past and it seems like ever since I've been off of it that's when these issues began. At first I didn't have a period for a few months and then it would come and be regular for 3 to 4 and then completely stop again. I've done countless pregnancy tests both at home and at the doctor and they've all been negative.

I'll be 28 this year and I'm seriously considering just having everything taken out. We have decided we don't want children as it's never been a dream of mine and my husband is okay with it. I've also considered going back on the pill just to regulate things but the only issue with that is the hormones make me sick. I found before if I would take a multivitamin I would get them regularly but even now that is not working. I've told my doctor and they haven't seemed to concerned. One of my doctors told me as long as I got my period 4 to 5 time a year it was okay. Another doctor told me to try being on a vitamin regimen and that didn't work and she also told me of some way to kind of get my system back on track but my insurance changed again before we could go that route. My newest doctor then informed me it could be a few reasons but never tested it.

I'm getting frustrated, I can't do anything without the fear of my period randomly starting. Sometimes I don't notice it unless I go to the bathroom and I only see blood or the dark red color when I wipe. I'm not sure what to do from here. I don't know what route to go with trying to fix all of this. Anyone here have any ideas?

Originally posted by Winged_Muse View Post
    I can't have sex with my husband because it's so off the wall.
    Is there a reason for this? Period sex is messy but not a problem. Most of the times it would not be period sex, anyhow.

BTW, welcome back.
    Last edited by jns; 02-28-2018, 08:57 PM.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Give it more time before you do anything like a hysterectomy. Your hormones are probably still getting balanced after coming off the pill.
      You can look into other info about hormonal issues, for managing the problems. some good supplements and diet changes can help. Some herbal remedies, I'm told, actually work.

I'm also curious why your sex life is so drastically affected?

Comment

I've been off the pill for years so I highly doubt it has anything to do with that. As far as sex is concerned, I'm not comfortable having sex while on my period. I usually don't feel good while on my period and my whole body is uncomfortable. I was on 3 different pills and the nuvaring in which case all made me sick. To be bleeding almost every day has been annoying. Like right now, no signs of blood but i know better. I'm sure by later there will be and it's a constant, EVERY DAY sort of thing.

Comment

newest doctor then informed me it could be a few reasons but never tested?
          why not?

know someone w/ nonstop bleeding who was tested to find precancerous cells, was put on hormones for 3 mos, then had a D & C
          they described it to me as a nonstop period but after the treatment, they've been ok
          they had simple hyperplasia

can understand your frustration because when I spoke on the phone with this person, they said it was really affecting their life....they had a biopsy which led to diagnosis

Comment

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you stopped the pill around June last year and that's when issues really started.
            I'll return to your post and read again.

Comment

Not sure why they never did any tests. Any doc I've seen doesn't really care to listen to any issues going on. I've had multiple do the same.
              As far as being off birth control, that like I said has been quite a few years. Debating on going on it again just so my system is regular and deal with how sick it makes me.

Comment

Not sure why they never did any tests. .
                sometimes people have to be their own advocates and ask for tests

I'd send husband to Dr to ask for certain tests and the Dr would make fun of me (he seriously did)
                well Dr turned out to be wrong.....cause at first he said nothing was wrong with husband's heart but there was

tell them they need to find out what is wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

sometimes people have to be their own advocates and ask for tests

I'd send husband to Dr to ask for certain tests and the Dr would make fun of me (he seriously did)
                  well Dr turned out to be wrong.....cause at first he said nothing was wrong with husband's heart but there was

tell them they need to find out what is wrong!
                  I can second that. Your doctor is not infallible. Your doctor does not know everything even though he/she may think that way. Keep on asking to be tested. Or go elsewhere.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

You may need to try a new doc then. Listening is a primary skill for docs, and if yours fails at this, it's time for a second opinion.

Comment

I'll probably be foregoing my primary doc in general and go to a OBGYN instead since they'd probably know more

Comment

I had no signs of my period at all Friday or yesterday morning and then randomly it showed up yesterday afternoon and flared up last night and now I'm miserable..

Comment

I am going to the OBGYN today after work to hopefully figure out what's going awry

Comment

Best wishes on getting some answers.

Comment

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][SIZE=14px]I hate my periods... I'm 55 and still haven't begun menopause. I can deal with a couple pounds of water weight, and PMS seething irritation, but my hardest struggle is energy. I just feel so drained I don't want to move. I don't binge eat, I just make sure I allot some calories for high-end chocolates. If I'm going to eat empty calories, they're going to be quality empty calories. for more information please visit this site [link removed]
                              Last edited by atskitty2; 03-15-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X