• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period problems- I'm getting frustrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendyortiz12 View Post
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][SIZE=14px]I hate my periods... I'm 55 and still haven't begun menopause
    Wendy welcome to WH!

am so confused by one of your other posts that says you and your husband have been trying to conceive for two months

is that what you want to do? become pregnant at age 55?

Comment

I've had some similar experiences where a few doctors wouldn't listen to me about my irregular periods and it took for me to call an after hours doctor when one randomly came during the night and I was in far too intense pain (I recommend these guys for any fellow Australians on here - link removed.
      It finally took for one doctor to listen before I got some proper help and advice.
      Last edited by atskitty2; 04-04-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Getting your period all the time isn't normal ie its not your period exactly its abnormal bleeding from the uterus or other structure... putting it this way can make it seem more like something that needs following up which it does! Like one of the other ladies mentioning abut her friend with the abnormal cells... it could be anything from infection to fibroids to something more scary! Its worth following up. Im not sure where youre from (Im new on here) but if you can access an uterine ultrasound etc you may get some answers.
        Ultimately losing blood all the time is incredibly depleting for your body and you'll end up with anaemia etc. The fall out is fatigue decreased immunity and a lot of other symptoms including insomnia as well as muscle soreness, anxiety, possibly depression.
        If regular doctors cant find anything then alternative medicine as a lot to offer; Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and herbal remedies) can do A LOT for regulating periods and stopping mid cycle bleeding!
        Good luck and post an update soon

Comment

I haven't had the chance to update you all.
          I went to see my doctor back in March (OBGYN). I let her know what was going on and even at that time I actually had a legit week long period. She took 3 vials of blood, did a urine test as well as a very uncomfortable internal exam. All of my tests came back normal for my hormones, thyroid, etc except for a couple other things. She stated my LH and FHS levels were off. One was higher than the other which it happens so she wasn't to super worried about it. This past week, 04/18/2018, I went in and had an internal ultrasound on my ovaries. Leading up until my appointment this past week, I was still dealing with the daily off and on bleeding. I had to wear pads EVERY day because i didnt know if I would bleed or not. Anyway, my ultrasound showed cysts on both ovaries aligned it what they call the "Peal necklace". I have my diagnosis finally. I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome). There is no cure. The only thing that will help manage it is birth control. Normal hormonal birth control makes me sick so I will be getting the IUD in a few weeks. She put me on a hormone medication right now to stop my every day bleeding issue and it pretty much stopped things right away. I've gone now 3 days without any bleeding. I'm still dealing with some pain in my ovaries, especially following my ultrasound. I was in crippling pain that night and my husband considered taking me to the ER but thankfully it went away although I was super tired the next day. Other than that though, as I said, the bleeding has stopped and i'll have my IUD in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Winged_Muse View Post
            I haven't had the chance to update you all.
            I went to see my doctor back in March (OBGYN). I let her know what was going on and even at that time I actually had a legit week long period. She took 3 vials of blood, did a urine test as well as a very uncomfortable internal exam. All of my tests came back normal for my hormones, thyroid, etc except for a couple other things. She stated my LH and FHS levels were off. One was higher than the other which it happens so she wasn't to super worried about it. This past week, 04/18/2018, I went in and had an internal ultrasound on my ovaries. Leading up until my appointment this past week, I was still dealing with the daily off and on bleeding. I had to wear pads EVERY day because i didnt know if I would bleed or not. Anyway, my ultrasound showed cysts on both ovaries aligned it what they call the "Peal necklace". I have my diagnosis finally. I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome). There is no cure. The only thing that will help manage it is birth control. Normal hormonal birth control makes me sick so I will be getting the IUD in a few weeks. She put me on a hormone medication right now to stop my every day bleeding issue and it pretty much stopped things right away. I've gone now 3 days without any bleeding. I'm still dealing with some pain in my ovaries, especially following my ultrasound. I was in crippling pain that night and my husband considered taking me to the ER but thankfully it went away although I was super tired the next day. Other than that though, as I said, the bleeding has stopped and i'll have my IUD in a few weeks.
            Finally a diagnosis that makes sense with your symptoms. Hopefully everything will work out so your periods are regular and you are relatively pain free. To check on one thing (I think a typo), it was FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) was it not?
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Great news that you got a diagnosis. PCOS can be complex so I encourage you to do some research...because there's hormones involved other body systems can be affected for instance weight management and risk of type two diabetes.
              Just be aware that if you are sensitive to the pill you may be be sensitive to the IUD as it also contains hormone (though a much smaller amount but sensitive is sensitive) so monitor yourself carefully and if you don't feel well on it then seek further options
              Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post

Finally a diagnosis that makes sense with your symptoms. Hopefully everything will work out so your periods are regular and you are relatively pain free. To check on one thing (I think a typo), it was FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) was it not?
                Correct

Comment

Originally posted by Crablet View Post
                  Great news that you got a diagnosis. PCOS can be complex so I encourage you to do some research...because there's hormones involved other body systems can be affected for instance weight management and risk of type two diabetes.
                  Just be aware that if you are sensitive to the pill you may be be sensitive to the IUD as it also contains hormone (though a much smaller amount but sensitive is sensitive) so monitor yourself carefully and if you don't feel well on it then seek further options
                  Best of luck!
                  Thank you. I've considered the IUD for a while but have been afraid of the hormones. My sister is sensitive to hormonal birth control but has been on the IUD for over 10 years without any troubles but then again everyone is different so we will see.

Comment

That's great to finally have an answer.

I would also encourage you to research and explore dietary and natural based therapies for managing this. In doing so for my own health issues, I've seen many articles for pcos treatment. Worth a try, to stay off hormones.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Comment

Working...
                    X