• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

What is going on with my cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on with my cycle

I?ll try to keep this short and sweet. A week before my period was supposed to start I had four days of consistent spotting (red and brown) but nothing like my normal period. This was two weeks ago and my period hasn?t came still so I thought that the spotting was my period. I took two pregnancy tests , one after one day after my missed period and one a week after my missed period, it?s came back negative both times. Today I?ve been experiencing some cramping on and off but no period still. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? This has never happened to me before. Thanks!
    You?re pregnant
    0%
    You?re not pregnant
    0%
    Go to a doctor
    0%
    Take another test !
    0%

Please provide some background on birth control. Also, did you have sex in the last month or so?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I am not on birth control, my boyfriend always pulls out. Unless he didn?t do it quick enough? Idk!!

Comment

The pull out method is not failure proof due to not pulling out quickly enough and to pre-ejaculate possibly containing sperm.

Let me restate your timeline. Two weeks ago you had four days of spotting. A week ago you should have started your period but have not had it before or since. The day after the day you should have started your period, you took a home test that was negative. A week later, which should have been in the last few days, you had the same results from another test. Is this restatement correct?

The last test should be accurate but the tests are not correct 100% of the time. It is still possible that you are pregnant but your hormone levels have not risen enough to be indicated on the test. You could go to the doctor for a test but maybe waiting a few more days and retesting would be better.

BTW, the spotting could be due to random spotting or it could be due to implantation bleeding. It's hard to tell at this point.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahsmiles123 View Post
          I?ll try to keep this short and sweet. A week before my period was supposed to start I had four days of consistent spotting (red and brown) but nothing like my normal period. This was two weeks ago and my period hasn?t came still so I thought that the spotting was my period. I took two pregnancy tests , one after one day after my missed period and one a week after my missed period, it?s came back negative both times. Today I?ve been experiencing some cramping on and off but no period still. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? This has never happened to me before. Thanks!
          Claret , Beautiful Disaster , atskitty2 , comments?

Comment

Hmmm...well, that's the thing about menstrual cycles. They can be almost exactly the same for months, even years, then they can suddenly change. Mine is generally consistent, but every now and then throws me for a loop.

Have you changed your exercise routine?
            Have you changed your diet?
            Have you traveled since your last period?
            Have you been under an unusual amount of stress?

All of those things can affect your period. But also, it is possible that you simply just did not ovulate this time. When you don't ovulate, you will likely miss the next period.

jns is right on the pull out method. Unless you are charting your cycle (using the FAM method) and avoiding intercourse during high fertility days, you are absolutely putting yourself at risk of pregnancy. So, if you're not ready for that....give some form of birth control or FAM a thought.
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Working...
            X