• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implantation bleeding or plan b?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implantation bleeding or plan b?

My boyfriend and I were messing around on 10/7 and 10/8, 3 days after my period ended. We never actually had sex.. no penetration and he came on himself, I didn’t touch it at all. But there was contact before he came and I’m worried that some of his pre-cum found it’s way in me. I took plan b about 24-30 hours (on 10/10) after it all happened. I had some side effects the first few days and then I was fine. I was supposed to ovulate on 10/12 but didn’t. However, yesterday and today I’ve been lightly bleeding.. it’s not brown discharge, it’s more red and light pink. I’m cramping a little bit too. I’m worried that this could be implantation bleeding instead of side effects of plan b. I’m supposed to start my period on 10/26. Any advice or thoughts??? I’m really worried..

I should also mention that I had a yeast infection after taking plan b and took the first oral antibiotic for it yesterday. I started spotting yesterday evening, a few hours after taking the antibiotic, not sure if there is a connection.

Comment

It is unlikely that you are pregnant. Plan B can cause irregular bleeding. The likelihood of having active sperm make their way into your Fallopian tubes sounds doubtful from your description. The Plan B would likely prevent pregnancy even if they did. As far as I know, the debate is still open on whether pre-cum contains active sperm. I think that there have been studies that confirm it and other studies that deny it.

There is a problem with your timeline. 24 to 30 hours after a 10/7 time or an early 10/8 time would be at most 10/9.

Claret , Beautiful Disaster , atskitty2 : comments?
      Last edited by jns; 10-18-2018, 01:23 AM.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Thank you for your response. It helped put my mind at ease. Alas, I’m worried again.
        I expected my period on Friday, and I think it came. I’ve been bleeding since Friday, some heavy and some light with some clots passing through, enough to fill at least two regular tampons daily. I had cramping, bloating, and breast tenderness as well. Today (Monday) the bleeding is substantially lighter and I’m not using a tampon anymore. I’m assuming this is my period, but it’s just totally different than normal. I took a pregnancy test on Saturday and it was negative. Do you think I have any reason to worry about being pregnant?

Comment

I’ve had a metallic taste in my mouth today also.

Comment

I don't have any reason to believe you are pregnant. I don't have any insight on the metallic taste.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Working...
            X