Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right when my period tracking app said I was about to ovulate. Then my period came and was a little heavier than usual, but still on time. Now it's March and day 16 and I'm spotting again except this time it's blood and not brown although that's there, too. It's heavier than last month and I have pain near my right ovary (history of cysts, also, but had an ultra sound about two years ago and it was all good). Of course Google says it can just be ovulation bleeding and is totally normal or could be the big C (thanks, Google). I can't get in to my doc until May, so I'm just looking for some advice here. Could this be normal? And why after all these years (I'll be 31 next week) am I suddenly having ovulation bleeding (if that's what this is)? Or is it anxiety? I've been really anxious lately, but I'm not having cramps with this bleeding. Any words of wisdom are welcomed!

• Anxiety is a beast. And while I, too am a Google junkie, it's often not helpful for those of us with anxiety.

Are you on any sort of birth control?

If not, it certainly sounds like you could have a little cyst. I used to get them from time to time, nothing requiring any sort of medical intervention but enough to mess with my cycles.

The 30's are interesting years, reproductively and hormonally. Just because you were a certain way throughout your twenties, doesn't mean you will be in your thirties. Hormonal levels change.

Stress/anxiety can be a HUGE factor in wonky periods. So I'll go back to the anxiety topic. Are you doing anything to try to minimize your anxiety levels? Not effectively managed, they can wreak havoc.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
    • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
    • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
    • Hello All

Hi everyone,
      I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
    • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
    Working...
    X