Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irregular and Early Cycle??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Irregular and Early Cycle??

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, so please forgive me for any formatting errors.

I am an 18 y/o and I've had a pretty regular cycle. Though it's definitely fluctuated slightly a decent amount times in my ~7 years of having my period, it's mostly remained the same. Recently it starts around the last Thursday of every month with the following pattern:
    Day 1: Cramps
    Day 2: Moderate bleeding
    Day 3: Heavier bleeding
    Days 4 and 5: "Flushing out" period
    It's also important to point out I typically never have cramps more than 2 days, and sometimes I'll only cramp the first day.

However, my cycle last month was weird. First off, it technically was my second cycle in February...I had a cycle at the end of January, which semi-bled into the start of February. Then randomly around Feb. 25 I started a new cycle, and it lasted till about March 1st. For the most part the pattern was the same though, as far as bleeding and cramps.
    But this month is even weirder. I just started having cramps the 22nd. Since then I have been cramping moderately every day. Not super painful however it has given me some stomach troubles a few times. What's weirder is I bled today, but barely; I wore a pad and really could've gone half the day without it.

I truly have no clue what's going on, if I should be concerned, or if this is normal. It's nothing to do with pregnancy as I haven't had sex in over 6 months. I'm not on any birth control either. Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here, or if this is cause for a dr.'s visit?

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X