Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.5 yes w/out period, 19 yrs old

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• 1.5 yes w/out period, 19 yrs old

I first started my period when I was in 5th grade. I always had irregular periods since the beginning ranging from being consistent up to 4 months in a row to not having my period for 3 months. However, for around 1.5 years now, I haven't had my period (ever since I started college). But honestly, I think it's because I'm overweight, I gained like 15 lbs since I started college. At 5'2" I'm 168lbs.

When I did have my periods, I never had bad cramps. Just my joints would feel funny when I moved, that's all.

And no, I've never taken birth pills, hormone stuff, or any form of prescribed meds. I've also never done drugs and never been sexually active either, lol. Should I visit the hospital? I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal because I thought it was of my weight.

So if I were to visit the hospital, do I just go in and tell them my situation? What would the check up consist of? Blood work? what else?

• Make an appointment with a gynecologist in your area. The hospital or ER is not the place to start with this issue.

It could be stress, weight or something else. They will likely check blood work, do a full pelvic exam with Pap smear and discuss your history. Nothing too terribly worrisome. Keep us posted!
    Last edited by atskitty2; 04-11-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• I agree with atskitty2 -- we are not medical experts, but it sounds like if this is not serious, but important, you should schedule an OBGYN visit immediately.

However, if something should change/update or necessitate worry, then the emergency route is always an option and there is no downside to this if you feel the situation warrants it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X