Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only bleeding a bit in the morning?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Only bleeding a bit in the morning?

I started my period on Saturday/Sunday (April 19/20). Can't quite recall. Or so I thought I started it. I’m not sure what is going on.

It was like any other time I start my period. I wipe after going to the bathroom, and there was some slightly dark blood, barely any there. As usual. I don’t use tampons, only pads so I put one on. It started at 9pm, so when I woke up the next morning and didn’t see anything, I didn’t think much of it. Through the day, I had light spotting once and that was it. Again, didn’t think much of it.

The next day came and there was NOTHING. I haven’t been able to see my doctor because he’s booked, so I just went on my day thinking it would come back normal. I’m on birth control and I’ve never had problems. In fact the birth control has helped keep my period consistent and keeps my cramps from coming full force.

Since then (it’s now April 25th) it’s only been a bit of blood right when I wake up. It changed from dark, to slightly brighter, dark again, and today was bright red. But each time it’s only been just a little bit. It made me think I was peeing blood instead, but that wouldn’t explain the dark blood. Plus I went to check, and it is coming from my vagina. Just barely. That’s how it’s been except for the one day in the middle where I had absolutely no blood all day.

Now a few things that might help:
    -I’m 23 on May 16th
    -I’ve been on the same birth control for 3 years
    -I just got over salmonella poisoning the day I started my period (therefore hadn’t been able to eat much but have been getting fluids in)
    -haven’t had sex since before my last period due to me being sick
    -last period was normal
    -I’ve had quite a few UTI’s in the past and now how they feel and look and this is not that for sure
    -am now eating normally after being sick

if anyone had experienced this, it would be awesome to hear what could be going on. I will be seeing my doctor but my appointment is a week and a half away so I would really love some sort of answer as soon as possible.

• It truly just sounds like a goofy cycle, to me. When I was on birth control, I could be on the same one for a year with no problems and suddenly start having missed periods, spotting in between periods, bloating, cramping, emotional rollercoaster, etc. It is rather common and not usually a cause for major concern except that if it is ongoing for several months, you may need to change birth controls. My doctor always told me to give it another month (cycle) and see if things leveled out.

Lots of things can mess with a cycle, and being sick is one of those. It just does something to the body's natural circadian rhythm and can throw things off for a bit.

It doesn't sound like you are having any other symptoms so I would not be overly concerned. But, it's good that you'll see the doctor soon to ease your mind.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X