Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prevent leaks during a performance?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How to prevent leaks during a performance?

(First off, this is my first post on here so, hi!)

Anyway, I’m a high school senior at an all-girls school and the head of our drama program. In a week we open up for our yearly drama, and this year’s is Arsenic and Old Lace. I play the main male character, and my pants are a tan/beige color that match my jacket pretty well. However, I’m expected to get my period the day before, and is usually the heaviest on the second and third days (the days of both of our shows). I do a lot of running, falling, jumping, etc. through the show and I’m worried about leaking through.

With all that being said, what advice do you have so I can avoid leaking? I got a pair of period underwear, and I should mention that I’m not too comfortable with wearing tampons. Should I get a backup pair of black pants just in case (it’ll be hard, since we’re all girls and our male pants are always too big, especially for me)? I know there’s a lot of details in this but I’m willing to take any advice!

• Hey ggrant! Welcome to WHI. Sorry it took us a bit to get back to you. Some days are busier than others.

Your play and your role in it sound super exciting, so congrats on that!! And of course....Aunt Flo just HAS to make an appearance at the most inconvenient time.

If it were me here's what I'd do. I'd get some Always Overnight pads and a pair of tight undershorts/gym shorts. I'd wear the overnight pad in my regular panties, the tight undershorts over the panties and then my pants. OR, you could even get a pair of black tights like pantyhose style tights and wear under the pants over your panties.

If you put on a new pad right before the show, and wear either the tight shorts or tights under the pants, I don't think you'll have a problem at all. The shorts or tights under the pants will not only help keep the pad in place, but it will also give you an extra layer where if you do leak a little bit it won't likely come through.

Let us know how it goes!

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X