Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cramps, negative test, but no period 6 weeks late

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Cramps, negative test, but no period 6 weeks late

Has anyone been testing negative for over a month after the period due date and it turned out you were pregnant???

I went to the doc when I was a little less than 2 weeks late (4 weeks ago) and, just like at home using the HPT, my blood test was negative as well. At that time, I was also experiencing a little pain on one side, mostly when I was sitting up or snezzing, so the doctor sent me for an ultrasound. The u/s was good and the message I got was....no abnormalities. But I don't think she even considered me being pregnant, bc at that time I told her I had no symptoms. She even suggested to prescribe me provera to bring up my period (which was before even taking my blood or doing the ultrasound).

Now, 4 weeks later, I am experiencing period like pains, mostly near my belly botton and my lower back. My breast are much bigger and a tad tender. I also noticed some extra weight around my waist line. Besides that, I still have no other symptoms of pregnancy, but my period is still not here! Also, I was having quite a lot of whitish discharge for several days, about a week ago, which I read is quite common during pregnancy.

My husband and I were not trying to get pregnant or anything, but it could have happened as we were not as careful a couple of times. I just really want to know what is going on and whether I have a very good doctor or a very bad one. I will test at home again if my period does not come within a couple of days......it sure feels like it's comming (although I never have cramps before my period, but AFTER it starts).

Hopefully someone can answer some of my concerns. I will definitely post an update as soon as I figure out what is happening, but in the meantime, please tell me know you think.

Thanks!

• i was on another website-sorta like this one- the other day and so many women had a million and one different pregnancy experience- one lady showed up neg for 2 months and then finally the test said + and she was like 3 months preg. so anything can be possible- i would take another test and if it still shows neg. - find a new doc who will acutally take the time to throughly examin you. you shouldnt just be givin meds with out a good check up.

Comment

• Thank you for your reply. Who knows, maybe I am among those who are testing negative, but everything is okay....All I know is that I feel pregnant and even if it's abnormal, ectopic for example, I should know, right?

I called the doc yesterday and told her about my new symptoms, but when I told her that I didn't take the med she got UPSET with me. I asked her then if she could offer any explanation for my symptoms and whether she was a 100% sure I was not pregnant. She then said, well...there is always a small chance, so if you want come in for another blood test, please come. And so I did. I went in this afternoon and am expecting a phone call tomorrow.

I am so bloated....I am never bloated, even when during my period. This morning when I wash brushing my teeth, I gagged a couple of times. Would that be considered morning sickness? I've never had that happen before? Could it really be only in my head?

Thanks again!

Comment

• it could be in your head- which is so confusing at times! 2 months ago i was convinced i was preg. my period was 2 days late and when it did come it was extremely light and just that dried blood crap. i even had myself feeling nausious and thinking my boobs looked different. your mind can be so tricky and you acutally make yourself sick constanly thinking about it!!

Are you trying to conceive or are you worried you might be preg.?

Comment

• I know some women experience what's called a phantom pregnancy.....but we have not been trying to get pregnant. I am really just concered for my (or baby's) health if anything.

Are you trying to get pragnant?

Thanks

Comment

• Updates?

I just came across this post and I was wondering how the 2nd blood test came about?? Any sign of your period or anything? I'm in the same position, only I'm 3 1/2 weeks late...so I was wondering what happened..

Comment

• results???

did you get your results..are you okay?? I am in same position...1 1/2 week late...had the feeling of getting my period but it never came..( i am ON THE PILL) so i am weirded out as i always get my period like clock work each month..this hasnt ever happend. I did feel this way when i was pregnant with my son a few years back...so i took a test and it came up negative..but still no period and my stomach is soooo bloated and my body just doesnt feel right..extra tired ect...am i going crazy !!!!!!!!!!!! let me know what happend okay!! GOOD luck with things i hope all is well.

Comment

• ME 2!!!

Hey i just came across your post and I am also in the same situation. i am not trying to get pregnant but my partner and I have not been using birth control for the last 5 months at all not even "pulling out". I am now one month late. I feel the same as if I am going to get my period but nothing. I took the first urine test on the 7th of this month and two more 2 days ago and they have all come out negitive. I am sleeping a lot more than normal, I have to pee more and I am having the white disscharge thing too. I feel so bloated and I am getting sick feeling every night before I got ot bed. But no period. my last period was Feb. 28th. Please let me know how things turn out for you. Good luck.

Comment

• Puzzled

I have been experiencing exactly what you are. I have a IUD installed for at least 4 years. For the past 3 months I feel like i am pregnant. I have all the symptoms. I been to my oB and he doesn't want to give me a pregnancy test. He sure that no one can get pregnant with the IUD. I have done the pregnancy test and is negative. My stomach is growing if though i work out and i am sleeping a lot. Please advised.

Comment

• Thats Happen To Me Too

i havent started my peroid and i went to the doctors and got a blood test done and home preg test and the all come out neg my last peroid was march 13th and i did the blood on april 16th and it was neg why i dont know this is crazy

Originally posted by iza View Post
                    Has anyone been testing negative for over a month after the period due date and it turned out you were pregnant???

I went to the doc when I was a little less than 2 weeks late (4 weeks ago) and, just like at home using the HPT, my blood test was negative as well. At that time, I was also experiencing a little pain on one side, mostly when I was sitting up or snezzing, so the doctor sent me for an ultrasound. The u/s was good and the message I got was....no abnormalities. But I don't think she even considered me being pregnant, bc at that time I told her I had no symptoms. She even suggested to prescribe me provera to bring up my period (which was before even taking my blood or doing the ultrasound).

Now, 4 weeks later, I am experiencing period like pains, mostly near my belly botton and my lower back. My breast are much bigger and a tad tender. I also noticed some extra weight around my waist line. Besides that, I still have no other symptoms of pregnancy, but my period is still not here! Also, I was having quite a lot of whitish discharge for several days, about a week ago, which I read is quite common during pregnancy.

My husband and I were not trying to get pregnant or anything, but it could have happened as we were not as careful a couple of times. I just really want to know what is going on and whether I have a very good doctor or a very bad one. I will test at home again if my period does not come within a couple of days......it sure feels like it's comming (although I never have cramps before my period, but AFTER it starts).

Hopefully someone can answer some of my concerns. I will definitely post an update as soon as I figure out what is happening, but in the meantime, please tell me know you think.

Thanks!

Comment

• hey

i havent had my period since march 13th and idont know if im pregnant or what i took a blood test and a home test and the both came out neg i have discharge it doesnt have smeel or anything someone tell me whats going on please

Comment

• Cramps, negative result but no period 6 weeks later

Hi everyone, I also am in the same situation here. My last menstrual cycle was March 18, 2007, and since then I have had no period. I have had the nausea (some but not a lot of vomiting) headaches, light-headedness, being tired and the vaginal discharge as well. I had done like 5 pregnancy tests since I was supposed to have started and still negative results. I am going to be calling my doctor later this morning (family practice doctor) since he's closer to where I live right now just to get the diagnosis from him. But I also have one other thing that is wrong with me. I have what is considered a bicornuate uterus, which I have heard that it's nothing to really worry about for a normal pregancy but somehow I am still not convinced by that. I guess that is why I am so anxious to know whether or not I am in fact pregnant or if it's just something else. I hadn't really even thought about getting pregnant in the past couple of months and I know I haven't been as stressed out as I usually am and so we'll wait and see what happens in the morning. So as soon as I know something myself I will let you all know. Just don't give up hope. Lori

Comment

• Cramps, negative test but no period. 6 weeks

Ok I called my doctor and went to see him today and they did yet another urine test today and still the same result. BUT there is some things that he said today that did to an extent make sense. He said to wait and see if I miss any more periods but in the meantime to keep taking the prenatal vitamins and that if I didn't have at least two more periods the call him back and go back in. But he also said to wait a couple more weeks before doing another test. The thing also with this doctor is that I explained my medical history with him and he understood my fears and he didn't try to tell me it was all in my head much less that he didn't believe I wasn't pregnant. I think because his wife is going through the same issues as I am he became more caring to the situation and didn't discourage my feelings that I could in fact be pregnant. It's like my mother said though too. She didn't realize she was pregnant with my sister or me until she was three months along and with my brother she went five months before she knew. He also said it's perfectly normal to miss one period for no reason (Which I am not solely convinced he even believed that himself) but at least one thing is for sure, I think we can all just rely on each other to help the other out. It seems like we all have a common bond right now and I hope this all helps you. Lori

Comment

• I'm in the same boat, Has anyone found out if they were preg or not? My period is 6 days late and I just took a home preg test when I first got up this morning and it's negative.

I had spotting on the exact day I was supposed to ovulate so I was thinking that was ovulation bleeding that day.

I've taken parsley and vitamin C to try to start my period and has worked before (within 3 days)...but not working this time. I had brown spotting for 3 days (started a day before I was supposed to have my period.(not the ovulation bleeding)) I've had mild cramps off and on since the spotting and last night I had pretty painful cramps. I had a thick vaginal discharge but now it's very watery like water . might be from the parsley since I have it as a suppository(?).

I'm hoping it's being wierd because of the stress I've been having going to job interviews and of course stress from thinking about this problem.

I'm supposed to visit my family for 2 weeks and I don't want to be stressed about this...
                            Last edited by spazchicken; 05-01-2007, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• i need help

Im 18 years old and i am very sexually active, and me and my boyfriend never use any kind of protection (he thinks hes good ;]) and recently i've been having the worst pain in between my hip bones and right above my pelvic bone. My breasts and Nipples are sore and im fatique (however you'd say it). I have really Bad head aches from time to time and i really have no idea what is going on with me. My period doesn't come for like 2 more weeks, so i know that it's not period cramping, or is it?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I've done soo much research, and im so confused. Help me Please.
                              Thanks, Saxon

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

Today, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
                              • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                              • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                                I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

03-19-2019, 11:33 AM By lilrose
                              • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

03-20-2019, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
                              • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
                              Working...
                              X