Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleeding Ovary.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bleeding Ovary.

Hello, I recently discovered I was pregnant, but found myself on friday night curled up in pain and vomiting. I went to the out of hours doctor who suspected ectopic pregnancy, from where the pain was, so referred me for a scan on saturday.

I went for the scan, and luckily the pregnancy is in the right place and all is fine (although the scan-lady said I was only about 4 weeks along which doesn't match up to my maths of six weeks), the pain is apparently due to the fact my left ovary is bleeding. I was told this is normal during pregnancy.

I've never heard of an ovary bleeding after ovulating, which is what the nurse told me, and that certainly doesn't seem to make sense with the amount of pain I'm in. So my question is: is this normal? Should I just man-up and take some painkillers? Or am I right in thinking ovarian bleeding is the sign of a cyst and I should go to my doctor as the scan they did was only checking for ectopic pregnancy?

The vomiting is apparently just awful morning sickness, and I am to live off marmite on toast and fruit water for now

Thanks,
    P
    xx

• My guess is you have or had an ovarian cyst, which is very common in women who are pregnant.

If the pain and vomiting haven't subsided, you should probably call your doctor's office and see if they can check you for a cyst.

Comment

• Hey. I think you need to worry. If all the symptoms are present, there is no doubt in the diagnosis.
      It is a pain. Almost 100 percent of ectopic pregnancies are accompanied by pain, from general painful sensations in the lower abdomen to unilateral pain at the site of development of an ectopic pregnancy (similar to pain in appendicitis, but can be felt from either side). If there is a perforation of the fallopian tube (or this moment is near), a woman can feel a sudden sharp stabbing pain in the lower abdomen, which can give to the shoulder from the same side. Any pain in the abdomen, which gradually increases, is localized and rapidly changes its character, should become the reason for immediate contact with a doctor.
      It's Bleeding. Bleeding alone is not a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Before the perforation of the fallopian tube, bleeding may not be at all or it is insignificant. Blood is thick or liquid, brownish or dark red. Bleeding is often preceded by pain.
      This is nausea, vomiting and dizziness. As the pain becomes stronger and localized, the bleeding increases and the blood acquires a bright red color, a woman can experience attacks of nausea, vomiting and dizziness. It happens that she loses consciousness, or her pulse speedily increases.
      This is severe pain during the examination. Another sign - this is a strong pain when moving the cervix during the examination.
      It is very difficult to distinguish between miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. However, the pain associated with miscarriage is usually not as acute and localized closer to the center of the abdomen - like menstrual cramps. Pain in tubal pregnancy is usually acute and localized, like pain with appendicitis. Bleeding during miscarriage is usually more abundant and contains blood clots, whereas in the case of ectopic pregnancy, when perforation has not yet occurred, the blood is less dense and darker.
      If you feel pain, seek medical help immediately. If you have at least one of the above symptoms and the examination suggests a tubal pregnancy, the doctor will prescribe an ultrasound examination that will identify either an empty uterus or the presence of a tiny germ outside the uterus. If an ultrasound examination does not detect an ectopic pregnancy and there are no signs of perforation, the doctor can monitor the level of the HGH hormone in your blood for several days, which in the case of an ectopic pregnancy will either fall or remain stable.
      If a presumed ectopic pregnancy remains unconfirmed, the doctor may prescribe laparoscopy to directly examine the fallopian tubes.
      In a certain sense, an ectopic pregnancy is like a miscarriage - it ends before the term. Probably, your feelings in both cases will be similar.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
      • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
      • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
      • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
      • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
      • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
        I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
      • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
      • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
        Mistress Of All Evil
        Poor Unfortunate Soul
        The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      Working...
      X