Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teenage male needing advice on possible pregnancy / miscarriage

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Teenage male needing advice on possible pregnancy / miscarriage

Ok so i don't really know where to start.

Me and my girlfriend have been having unprotected sex, not a good idea I know don't need a lecture on it we were just being more intimate.

Anyway she is something like 13 days late so we're pretty certain she's pregnant. However over the past couple of days she has been in a lot of pain, stomach cramps, back pain and has been having symptoms like "spotting?" and has had some brown discharge. I come to you because, well I don't know what to do now. We weren't going to follow through with the pregnancy, I feel at our age that is a selfish option for anyone involved.

But how long can a miscarriage last?

And what can I do to be there for her?

• Fertilization of the ovum can take place up to several days following intercourse. Sperm is able to survive a long time in the uterus and when the ovum is travelling down the fallopian tubes, fertilization can take place. Several more days can pass until the now fertilized ovum implants or attaches to the uterine wall. Depending on how regular her periods, when fertilization took place, etc. she may or may not be having a miscarriage. I wouldn't pin my hopes on that. Go get a pregnancy test. See what it says, then figure out what to do. If she isn't pregnant, now may be the time to discuss birth control for both of you, that would be the unselfish thing to do.
    You don't say how old you both are, no matter, an unwanted pregnancy doesn't benefit anybody. Be fair to both you and her, intimacy isn't going without birth control
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
      Fertilization of the ovum can take place up to several days following intercourse. Sperm is able to survive a long time in the uterus and when the ovum is travelling down the fallopian tubes, fertilization can take place. Several more days can pass until the now fertilized ovum implants or attaches to the uterine wall. Depending on how regular her periods, when fertilization took place, etc. she may or may not be having a miscarriage. I wouldn't pin my hopes on that. Go get a pregnancy test. See what it says, then figure out what to do. If she isn't pregnant, now may be the time to discuss birth control for both of you, that would be the unselfish thing to do.
      You don't say how old you both are, no matter, an unwanted pregnancy doesn't benefit anybody. Be fair to both you and her, intimacy isn't going without birth control
      Thanks for your quick reply, we were looking to get the implant but the people doing it said she had to be on to do it, and well we've been waiting. I'm not down playing miscarriages either, even if we weren't planning to follow through a miscarriage still feels awful, even though the outcome is what we wanted it doesn't feel right.

My other worry is the emotional strain this will have on her and if the situation will have any effect on our relationship

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam_cooper96 View Post
        We weren't going to follow through with the pregnancy, I feel at our age that is a selfish option for anyone involved.
        What are your ages?

Some women carry their baby to term and give it up for adoption upon birth. Some even contract with a couple who will adopt (usually a couple, but it could be a single person) before birth to have proper medical and nutritional care as soon as possible. There are many people who want to adopt.

Termination is not something to be taken lightly. Things may go fine but there can be complications in the aftermath of a termination. Some women are fine with it, with others it weighs very heavy on their mind. The would be father can also have problems of a similar sort or he could be fine. Sometimes there is a change in the relationship that cannot be mended and the couple splits up.

If you two decide on termination or not, support her to the very best of your ability. She is the one who has to deal with the consequences the most, so let her make up her own mind without interjecting too much of what you want her to do.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I agree on adoption as for me abortion is not something to be taken lightly but saying that I don't judge others for it. I honestly hope that your girlfriend is not miscarrying as that is very upsetting and it is emotionally heartbreaking.
          Just be there for her and let her think over this herself she needs to be able to talk to you about it as well just listen to her if she decides to have the baby what will you do? and I'd suggest a pregnancy test now too.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X